A little get-away

*scooter*

Just thought I'd share a liittle here.. I was able to get away for a few days, during the middle of last week. Went to a little lake called Beardsly Lake off of Hwy 108 here in Ca. It's just west of Pinecrest Lake/Resort. Tried some fishing..no luck. The weather was nice (a little windy) once in awhile but not a big issue. I was able to squezze into a site, and had to stop and remove some dead tree limbs as I did so. Climb up, take a couple down, back up 2 ft., climb up and did that a couple times. After I got all settled in, leveled etc., I went to open the living room slide and found out I was too close to the tree. So I just left it part way out. Everything worked ok. No hook ups, and had the heater on the first night several times. By morn. the batteries were dead. Gotta check them out to see if they are ok. Anyway, that's about it for my little trip. I'll try to post some pic. in the album section.

cwishert

Re: A little get-away

Well Scooter at least you got away for a while. Sounds like it was a lot of work though. I guess thats the price we pay for our few hours of relaxation. :)

*scooter*

The work to get away is totally different than the work staying home...I think most would agree its well worth it. Ahh, now to plan the next one...!

C Nash

Glad you were able to get away for a few Scooter. Any is better than none. Sounds like you will be needing to replace the batteries.

H2H1

GLAD to hear you have been out and sorry about the batteries, I thought was the only one with batteries problem. I had to replace mine 2 weeks ago.

G

scooter ,, u weren't in nash's MH agian were u ??? :) ,, glad u got out ,, and adapted and over come u'r slide problem ,, good luck on u'r future outings ,, i have yet to get my MH outta the carport ,, :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:

C Nash

Now Rod I hope you haven't squeezed that MH into a carport :laugh: :eek: ;)

C Nash

Hey Rod, you got me worried now. I thought that was a dead rat I smell that has me stranded now and vacating the MH. Scooter that is you posting I hope :eek: :laugh:

G

well nash ,, scooter did say he was out and about ,, but he didn;t EXACTLY say in what ,, yes an rv ,, but u better go and ck ,, last outting when u took him and me to FL ,, he had a bad case of gas ,, maybe that is what u are smelling ,, not a dead rat :eek: :eek: ,, no really scooter and nash JK ,, i know u have said nash that u are trying to get the dead smell out ,, and scooter ,, where the hell are u ??? :approve: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

brodavid

sounds like you enjoy the trip even if you had to clean up the campsite, at least you had wood for the fire

*scooter*

Now I forgot who's batteries were weak, mine or Nash's. Oh, now I remember..I did make the escape, so the smell is probably from something left behind :evil: :disapprove: , I didn't do it...honest !! Boy, you take one little side trip and ya get blamed for everything, lol. :eek: :laugh: .
I was able to test the batteries in 'my coach' and I think your right Nash, the batteries tested on the weak to replace portion on the tester. Not looking forward to the $$$.

G

sorry to hear that scooter ,, but it has to be done at some point ,, i had to do mine last yr ,, and at the cost of 200 bucks ,, for one batt :eek: ,, my batery is almost as expensive as my tires were ,, but that is what i get for owning a MH ;) :( :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Hey Scooter better get them now while at home and not on a trip like I was. I was in Deadwood SD with mine went out. I knew they was weak but decided to go ahead with the trip and hope for the best. Well the best never came so I had to order 2 from NAPA who deliver them to me. The cost was 275. and some change. I know I could have saved some money if I would have bought them here at home.

Domingo

RE: A little get-away

better to find needing to replace them on a short trip rather then a long far away trip. I feel your pain. I am needing to replace my. I am waiting noy sure for what. i just need to bite the bullet and do it.

C Nash

Sure nice to have a son that has a shop and can get me batteries for about half price. Mine are weak or one is so will have to replace both before leaving out. Now if that dead rat odor will just leave :angry:

H2H1

well nash you could have gotten mine and I would have come and picked them up :laugh: I would still save some money :laugh: :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

Chelse, that dead rat odor will never leave without help. You will be cruising along south of St. Louis and BAM! it will suddenly smell up the place again.

And now it is embedded in your brain, too. All you have to do is think about it, and you can smell it.

Try calling an exterminator. Sometimes they have a favorite way to reduce the remaining odor.

C Nash

Thanks Tex, I guess. Well being imbeded in my brain means nothing :laugh: I'll probably be just trying to remember what the smell was. :laugh: Good suggestion on calling the extermintor. Now what was that movie actors name :eek: I know he was called the Extermiaror :laugh: Eastwood, naw oh well I probably couldn;t have spelled his name anyway :)

TexasClodhopper

I think he's called Aahnauld Swagganator. You can recognize him easily, because he has the same face on both sides of his head! :clown:

*scooter*

Well, we had another chance to get away and we spent the past weekend at Willow Creek Campground, north of Grass Valley. Was ok. Got to spend some time with my brother-n-law (wife side), who was just told last week that he has only 3-6 mos. because of cancer. So we had a lot of family come by and visit so that was really nice.
On another note... the brochure for the campground was pretty misleading. Does that happen a lot? It mentions all these activiities, but there are miles away. I should have towed the toad. Now trying to find a place for this weekend that isn't already booked !! The search continues :)
Lastly, your right TC. Where the H---- is the birth certificate. They surely would want to see mine. :eek: