A Little Help Please!

BETKAT

OK, I have read the posts and I am so confused! I am looking at a 34.5 SKTG Snowbird, by NuWa, dry weight 11047, hitch weight 2120, gvwr 13950. Planning to pull with Silverado/GMC 2500 HD Crew cab, SB, 4X4 with Duramax/Allison. Based on my claculations I should be OK on all the weight restrictions. 2500HD, payload at 3308, GCVWR 22,000, passengers someimes 6 people= 1000lbs.

Thanks,

C Nash

A Little Help Please!

Hi BETKAT,
I think you have the truck to tow this with no problem but, the short bed may present a problem. Check clearence in turns between rv front and truck cab. You may have to have a slider hitch. Does the truck have all the special equipment and the right axle ratio for towing? I would prefer a dually but, that's just a personal opinion.

BETKAT

A Little Help Please!

Yes it has the trailer package and with the Duramax/Allison combo the only rear end available is the 3.73. I currently have a 25 Ultra lite Sportsmen 5th wheel with a SB ext. cab Silverado 1500 and no slider, not been a problem so far.

C Nash

A Little Help Please!

A lot of the Ultra Lite trailers are designed with a semi extended hitch which works well without a slider but, the NuWay may not because of the extra pin weight. I had a 278 cougar and had the slider hitch which I never had to use but, it was there in case I needed. Most people that have the Duramax really like the towing features and performance.