Advice on repairing roof leaks needed

licketysplit

First I would like to say hello to everyone, I'm new to the forum and RVing. I recently purchased a 1977 ford Rv Brougham with 70,000 miles in very good shape everything works well exept there was a stain on the interior roof. I pulled down the complete int. roof all the 1/8 th plywood and found a small leak were the roof rack screws in the roof. It looks like my roof is made up of plywood with aluminum covering the outside top. before I put up any interior panels I need to repair any and all leaks there may be. Any advice would be very helpfull and appreciated as I'm sure I'm not the only one to ever have this problem. I want to do a good job but as cheap as possible. I plan on useing this RV for a few years. I can do the work myself. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

licketysplit

RE: Advice on repairing roof leaks needed

I'm sorry, It's a 1978 with 77,000 miles. I'm sure that doesn't matter much but though I should get it right.

Steve H

RE: Advice on repairing roof leaks needed

Depending on how bad of situation you have, I have had really good luck with Eternabond repair tape. Look HERE

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Advice on repairing roof leaks needed

Eternabond tape is good stuff, but it works best in a flat surface. Around, and in corners, it is frustrating to work with.

Today's RV's are sealed with a Self Leveling Lap Sealant. Dicor makes what we use. There is another brand also, but can't think of it now.

The biggest thing is, the roof needs to be clean. After that, be sure you want the Lap Sealant where you put it. It is not coming or wiping off.