Advice on tent trailers... Please help...

Old Forum Post

[Bela] Hi everyone: My husband and I are looking for our first tent trailer and we are really confused. Mostly I am interested on finding out any disaster stories with any particular brand. At least we will know which ones not to buy. Any additional advice on exterior material, suspension options, roofing, bedding, and floor plans would be greatly appreciated. So far we&#039ve looked at Flagstaff, Coleman, Jayco, Rockwood, Viking, Palomino and we will have a chance to look at Starcrafts tomorrow. Please help... Thanks in advance...

Old Forum Post

[Paul B] Find a dealer you are easy with. Check quality of units. Check resale value in penny savers and news papers, and on line.

I looked for a couple of years before we bought a coleman pop-up. Enjoyed it for 7 years with its normal maladys. Sure was nice after camping on the ground for 15 years! We sold it two years ago and got more than we expected. As I found out it kept a high resale value, of course we took great care of it. Now that we are older we bought a 27&#039 TT and love it.

Hope you have good luck in your search. Paul

Old Forum Post

[mark c] Any of the units you are looking at will be fine
Try and find used if you can let someone else take the new hit...
I would look for a dealer you feel good about rather then the maker of the unit as all pop ups are for the most part fine

live for the day life is way short.......

Old Forum Post

[Jim M] Mark is right, the two biggest factors in order of importance are--1. buy what floats your boat, if you don&#039t like the layout or fabric or other factors don&#039t buy, rememeber, the very true old saying, buy in haste repent in leisure. 2. find out about the dealer from other that have bought there, warranties are problematic at best in the industry and your dealer can be a big help or a big headache! Back to number 1, keep shopping until one jumps out and grabs you and then try to find a good dealer that you feel you can work with after the sale. Happy trails--Jim

Old Forum Post

[Dave] I agree with Marc. We purchased a used coleman pop-up and it has been great. It was two years old and we found it in the paper. They go real fast in our area, so call and look early. My wife wanted one with a toilet and that was her only concern. We have had a few issues, but nothing that the dealer or I couldn&#039t handle. Talk to people. I did not know our dealer and spoke with some people that hand trailers and spoke very highly about the dealer. After a big trip out west I needed some work done and they (the dealer) was great. No pressure, no hidden cost, everything was up front. Have been very happy with them. (Clemm&#039s Trailer Sales in Evans City, PA (southwestern PA)I have seen dealer issues pop up (no pun intended) on this site but have to say ours has been great. We bought it from a private person and the dealer has treated us as though we bought it from them. Now, If I had to do it all over again, what would I want now.
1. A couch ...Sitting around a table when it is raining gets old real fast with four people....
2. A slide out kitchen area. Seems to have more floor space
3. A/C the only option that was not on our trailer

Good hunting and good luck
Dave