advice pleeeze

curly

I have no experience with rvs' but am wanting to get starteed soon. Last spring, before i knew what i wanted to do about rvs', bought a nissan titan 4wd. It is a great truck and i would hate to sell it and lose such a big chunk, and think the best choice fror me at this point would be a travel trailer. I am interested in Hi-lo because of low profile and stability and i will be putting on lots of miles, probably close to full timing it. I am currently thinking about a 24 to 27 foot. I have not yet seen the Hi-lo but expect to soon. Am I on the right track? Should I do something different? Hope for some good advice from you seasoned rv'ers. Thanks David aka curly

Kirk

advice pleeeze

I am not familiar with the Nissan line of trucks, but you need to check to see what the manufacturer's ratings are for the max. weight that you can tow with it, the gross combined weight rating is and the actual weight of the truck is. From those you can determine how much weight you can tow. If this is a compact truck you won't find any trailers in that size that you can tow with that truck.

C Nash

advice pleeeze

Curly,
If you have the5.6 v8 it is rated at 305 hp and 379 ft pound of torque. if it has the tow package it is rated up to 9500 pounds of towing. You should be ok for a hi-lo in the size you are looking at. Be sure and check your truck specs.

RV-VOL

advice pleeeze

The Nissan is enough of truck for what is on the market now days.
Main thing to remember do not let the tail wag the dog.

The key to it is how light do you want to stay. We have 32' Antigua with Full size Queen Bed and a Double bed in the other end with sofa sleeper and dinette sleeper. Sleeps 9 less than 5,000 lbs dry.

The point to the story is how light do you want to go?

The Hi-Lo is a unit that carry a high price for what you get.

We know we sold them for 5 years in Knoxville. Some people claims that it saved them a lot on gas mileage. I never did see that much of a difference for the price difference of the unit vs other brands.

Main thing is get what makes you fell like Home away from Home.
Hi-Lo might not be the answer. The biggest advantage my customers said was the parking it the garage.

Happy Camping

curly

advice pleeeze

thanks for the advice and info to those who replied. Today i am going to have a look at the hi-lo. I went to an rv show in asheville, nc yesterday and was impressed with the Flagstaff travel trailer, 30 ft model but it is uvw of 6366 lbs, probably a bit heavier than i should pull. I have also looked at Holiday Rambler which also seems pretty nice. If you can think of anything else that would help, please don't hesitate to respond, as these are big bucks to me and i would hate to make any expensive mistatkes. Thanks again, Curly.

curly

advice pleeeze

thanks for the advice and info to those who replied. Today i am going to have a look at the hi-lo. I went to an rv show in asheville, nc yesterday and was impressed with the Flagstaff travel trailer, 30 ft model but it is uvw of 6366 lbs, probably a bit heavier than i should pull. I have also looked at Holiday Rambler which also seems pretty nice. If you can think of anything else that would help, please don't hesitate to respond, as these are big bucks to me and i would hate to make any expensive mistatkes. Thanks again, Curly.

kitfoxjh

advice pleeeze

Curly, I'll bet with that knick name you are probably a little thin on top. :cool: Anyway unless you are absolutely sold on a HI LO, you should look a lot before you leap. Sounds like when you spend as much money as you want to, then you want to be sure that you like it. I would be more concerned with the layout. Check the weight of the HI LO and then compare. They are a little heavier in comparison to other TT,s of the same size. Also allow a little reserve weight from what you are really allowed to pull for a safety factor. Again, layout is going to be a big issue if you intend staying in it long periods of time. The extra money you save not buying the costly HI LO could go into extra options in another TT. Good luck and have fun. John H....