Advise for Monteagle TN

flwamplers

We are a family of six and just purchased our first RV. A 37' Itasca Suncruiser. Our first long trip will be from Florida to Indiana next week (Thanksgiving). I am very concerned about traveling over Monteagle... My question is should I try it? or avoid it?

I have been contemplating taking 75N to Knoxville instead. Anyone have any thoughts or advise?

Bradley

jpwelte

Advise for Monteagle TN

Bradley,

We travel from Northern IL to Florida and have never had any trouble going up and down the hill through Monteagle. Just don't push it too hard and watch your engine temp. Shift down and let the engine and trans keep you slowed. Enjoy watching everyone pass you by. 1996 Pace arrow Vision. 454cid. was what we used to own. Now in a Winnebago Journey Diesel. heading down to your neck of the woods next week. Hope this helps.

Jeff Welte
Rockford, IL

flwamplers

Advise for Monteagle TN

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I am sure that it is just "new owner" jitters... This coach is running a Ford 460 and has disc brakes on all four corners. I am sure it will be OK, but still makes me nervous the first time over.

I talked to my mother tonight and she told me it is pretty chilley up there and to pack cold weather clothes (we still have the A/C on here) :) . That same front is pushing through here tomorrow, and cooling it down quite a bit. So it may even be chilly here when you arrive.

Gods peace and blessing as you travel down!

Bradley