Advise from cardiologist

Micah

Shortly before we left for our trip this summer I had my appt. I told him we were going and he said that I shouldn't sit and drive or just sit for more than 2 hours. In fact he said it is not good for anyone who is getting up in the years. Thats how blood clots get started. Getting out and walking every couple of hours is not realy a problem, seems like someone has to go , or it's time to refill the coffee cup.
I hope I haven't bored you fellas, I know most of you are just young un's .
Keep the clean side up. Jerry

s.harrington

Re: Advise from cardiologist

Heck thats good advice for eveyone pulling a large trailer or driving a big rig older or not. Keeps you relaxed and awake.

DL Rupper

RE: Advise from cardiologist

Hey Jerry, For me the coffee stops create the pit stops every 100 miles, so I guess I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in. I like your signiture map. Happy stops to you.

Micah

Rupper- That coffee does the same for me. My sig map is almost as full as yours, I hope to fill in the South West next year. We haven't been to the Grand Canyon yet. Last year was DW's first time West of The Miss. One day I want to go back to the Black Hills, I love it out there. I don't think I'd like it in the winter though. Keep the shiny side up, Jerry

hertig

Micah, Canyon Gateway park, just off I40 about 20 miles west of the Flagstaff exits, is fairly nice and belongs to Passport America (so can be cheap). Best of all, they are affiliated with Marvelous Marv's Grand Canyon tour and if they book you, will save you a bunch. Marv will pick you up at the park, take you to the Canyon, show you all the best places, avoid the crowds and be able to tell you all about the Canyon. In my opinion, this is the only way to visit the Canyon (unless you want to ride a mule down into the Canyon :) )

Another fairly nice, Passport America park is of of I40 in Tijeras, NM, just a bit east of Albuquerque. Another nice stop in Arizona off of I-40 is the Meteor Crater.