aero cub

Old Forum Post

aero cub

[steve] We have a 2000 Aero Cub 21 ft. and have really enjoyed it. I spent a lot of time comparing different brands and models of the "hybrid" campers. Unfortunately, when we bought ours, the 23 ft. w/slides haven&#039t come out yet. One of the small features about the Cub that I liked is the lockable beds, which makes us feel better if we have to leave it somewhere questionable. One feature I don&#039t like about all of these type campers (that I&#039ve seen anyway) is the "hump / ridge" in the beds where the hinge is. Ours drops about an inch or two, so if you&#039re stuck sleeping there, you have to struggle to get a comfortable spot. I cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to put under the low side and it helps a lot. We tow with an Astro 4.3 V6 and it does fine. We did have a few minor things we had to take it back in for, such as the bathroom wall wasn&#039t secured well at the floor, causing the door to not fit correctly, and the tub wasn&#039t caulked properly causing a leak when I showered. One window had to be replaced because when the opening was cut, it was about a 1/4 inch too small and some whiz just shoved the window in anyway and screwed it down. Everything was just from sloppy workmanship, but the dealer was able to fix it all with no problem. My biggest problem is that I don&#039t get to use it enough! Our previous camper was a pop-up and we enjoyed it, although there was a lot to do at pack-up time. Now we can shut the beds and split, which in bad weather, is nice. Also a big advantage over the pop-up is being able to use it when you take a break while traveling, such as fixing a meal, taking a nap, using the bathroom, etc. Go ahead, take the plunge, enjoy!