After the leak.

jwood

We have a 1993-4 36' Travel Supreme 5th wheel. I say that because the guy we bought it from said it was a 1993, but the registration says it is a 94. That is no matter just silly.
It had gotten a leak around the sky light in the bathroom. We got that fixed but because we have this.... cloth type ceiling there are stains.
Suggestions on how to at least make the stains a little lighter? Probably can't get rid of the but a little lighter would be nice.
I told hubby I was tempted to sponge paint lightly all over but he didn't like that idea......lol.
Thank You.
Janet

Krazeehorse

After the leak.

I would use some Kilz before you sponge paint. It will seal the stain so it doesn't come through the new finish.

s.harrington

After the leak.

At the place I used to work we used Resolve carpet spot remover which cleaned it real well. I would try that first.

jwood

After the leak.

For Pete's sake......I don't have any kids anymore and don't have a thing that would get rid of stains......I will give that a try Thanks. Janet

jwood

After the leak.

When I told my husband that I would have to find something so the stain wouldn't come back through he told me just to find a paint the same color as the stain.....LOL
Thanks Janet

Johnny-O

After the leak.

jwood, If your cieling is white or off white, there is a product called Insta-Gone. It's basically a powdered bleach you mix with water and spray it on. You would be amazed at how well it works. I've used it on quite a few stained ceilings.....LOL