Air Conditioner

haggard12

i have a forest river sandpiper travel trailer and the AC unit is working, but it is shaking the entire trailer and making a very loud noise.

Any ideas as to what is causing this??

Please help.. Very ANNOYING

G

RE: Air Conditioner

i would pull the cover on the a/c unit ,, and ck the squirl cage (fan) ,, i bet u have a mud dauber nest built in there ,, i had the same problem on my MH last week ,, and also welcome to the forums
:)

C Nash

Re: Air Conditioner

Had the same on mine. Dauber had built him a mud hut on one of the blades and it really throws it out of balance.

H2H1

OK let me correct Ken on this one :laugh: , it was Rod and Nash who made the right guess about the AC problem. Sorry Ken I can only take credit when credit is due. But by the time I get mine out of the shop, I may have more than one dubber clay house on the fans blades.But let hope not.

DL Rupper

What's a Dauber and what part of the Country do I worry about Daubers getting into my AC? :eek:

H2H1

hey DL they look like a wasp but they don't sting you, and they are black in color. They will build a mud/dirt tubes like houses that they store their winter food in. next time I find one I will PM u a picture of the mud house.

Shadow

DL never had to worry about them before. Never sat still long enough to get them. ;)

H2H1

Thanks Tex, I was having a hard time finding one for him. I just knock down 2 last week. And I think Butch and Nash hit it on the head about why DL never saw or knew what dirt devil, mud dauber was. :laugh:

brodavid

If it was not having Mud Daubers, my old shop would fall down. So they can be helpful.

C Nash

Think DL was just yanking our chain :eek: Everybody knows what a dauber is :laugh: Oh well maybe if you live in condos :laugh: :laugh: ;)

DL Rupper

I really haven't heard the TERM mud Daubers before. I think mud daubers are what got into a rubber air tube that came down out of my propane generator a few years ago. The generator wouldn't start after it was in storage for a month in the summer and the mechanic at Cummins/ONON Diesel in Davenport, IA dug a bunch of dirt out of the rubber tube and the generator worked again. The best part is he didn't charge anything for his time. :laugh:

H2H1

Well DL now you have experienced a dirt dauber. Around here in the south they will build any where they can if water and clay/ dirt is around.I found back in March one was FLYING around the exhaust vent to the HWH . Upon further investigation they was trying to build a mud nest in the exhaust pipe. So I now got small mesh screen to cover all SMALL exhaust pipe. That seem to be working. :laugh:

C Nash

Now DL if you are gonna travel down south you got to learn our talk. The daubers really serve a good purpose down here. Catch all them critters and put them in their mud tube houses for the young to live on. Yep Hollis, had to put screen wire on all my openings such as fridge outside panel, heater exhaust etc. Went to sleep on the porch the other day and one was trying to get in my ear :eek: :laugh: Hmm, can't seem to hear nothing but a buzzing sound today :eek: Really worried about DL ;) Just can't seem to rile him anymore :eek: :laugh: ;)

LEN

HMMMM down south and here I though I knew mud daubers and I'm in the way north. LOL

LEN

H2H1

Hey Len, I thought it was to cold up North for them to survive, and since DL just wanted to know what a dirt dauber was and he is from Ohio .. :) :laugh: :laugh: :blush:

DL Rupper

Hey Chelse, :evil: :dead: :disapprove: :angry: :angry: :eek: How's that for riled? :laugh: :laugh: