Air Levelers Leak

ARCHER

One of my air levelers does not hold air. The other three are ok. It just so happens the one that leaks out the air is one in the front. Are these hard to replace/fix? Should I leave it to the pros? They are located inside the springs. I don't like running with one zero pressure and the other one 50-65 lbs so normally run them at zero in the front. Guidance???

JimE

Air Levelers Leak

Do you have a warranty on your RV? If so, it should be covered. I just had to have all of mine replaced due to leaks and they were covered. I do a lot of work myself on the motorhome and felt this was one I felt best suited for the pros.

ARCHER

Air Levelers Leak

Nope, no warranty. She is a 1989 Winnebago Chieftain, but only has 13,000 miles and is almost like new inside. Spent the last three winters in Florida and heading to Texas this coming winter. Guess I better check with the RV dealer and see what they would charge for fixing it or replacing it. Thanks for the info.

hertig

Air Levelers Leak

Don't know about air levelers, but I read a post from a guy who replaced a hydrolic leveler with a rebuilt unit, for a reasonable price. Check with the manufacturer of the leveler to see if they have such a thing available, and how complex the installation is.

s.harrington

Air Levelers Leak

If its a chevy chassi the air bags on some are accessed by sucking the air out to collapse the bag and pulling it through a large holein the bottom. However some don"t have the large hole and the spring and bag must be removed at the same time. This is accomplished with a spring compression tool.