Airstream

bisbeebeau

I'm 76 and we're going to buy some kind of rv, I have so far fixated on a smaller (23/24') Class A, mainly because of the more room it seems to have and a separate bedroom at the back. I don't like the overhead thing, I'll never sleep in it. I can't spend more than 8 or 9k for the thing.

Yesterday I saw a truck and an airstream, which I've always loved. It's about the only thing I would consider towing, even an old one, because they're so great inside. Can anyone tell me if they thi nk it would be way too expensive for us to buy a truck that would haul an old Airstream? Otherwise, can anyone recommend any models of short Class A gizmos? I want to have a really good idea of what is a good value and safe before I get into the financing end.

Thanks very much for any info.

rjf7g

Re: Airstream

Just curious, why are you going to buy an RV you will never sleep in? There are folks around here who know a lot more about towing than I do, so you're better off listening to me.

Enjoy life.

Grandview Trailer Sa

If you only want to spend 8-9K, I don't see how you can buy a truck and an Airstream. The trailers sell for a LOT more than that by themselves.

campers4u

airstreams do look realy nice, but you realy need to think about it,,,,, not much storage, no slide outs and like Grandview said very expencive (even a old one) 1st thing i would think about is how far you plan on traveling , if its close to home, a older class A may work good for you. if your going to travel any and every where i would look for a good T.V. and a small used T.T. to see if this is what you want to do for a while. you can away up grade.

what ever you deside on enjoy it

Galen

rjf7g

I was just playing around on the Airstream site yesterday and saw they do offer a slide now - seems sort of an oxymoron! :eek:

MR.B

I believe "I'll never sleep in it" refers to the "overhead thing." You know, the Class C cab over bed or the fold down bed over the drivers seat in something like a Southwind, etc..