AL CAN HIGHWAY

respiterri

WE ARE SETTING OUT FOR A BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY UP THE ALCAN HIGHWAY IN MAY. WE LEAVE MINNEAPOLIS AND HEAD NORTH , WANT TO HIT GLACIER NATIONAL PARK IN MONTANA, BANFF, JASPER, LAKE LOUISE THE ICEFIELDS AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT GETS IN OUR PATH . ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR SIGHTSEEING, PLACES TO STAY, AVOID...... :question:

utmtman

Re: AL CAN HIGHWAY

If you have a large rv 5er, motor home, and so on plan on staying outside of Glacier and driving thru with your truck or car. Check in advance on road conditions on alcan come may it has been known to still be snowy and icy.

Wind River

As I recall the Going To The Sun Highway in Glacier has a 24' length limit and no trailers. Best check road conditions in the above parks that early in the season. Some roads may not be open in the mountainous areas.

oldhippie

:cool: Did I make a mistake the last two years.I like traveling over on I90west and each time i make the mistake of
the Sturis run.I always pick the wrong time. :dead:

Robbie

I am interested in the Al Can and the condition of the road from anyone who has been recently. I have 5 year old tires on my MH and although they are in great shape am concerned about what I have heard about the condition of the road surface. Can some one give me some info/advice? :8ball:

DL Rupper

Hey Robbie, welcome to the forum. Personally I wouldn't go that far on suspect roads with 5 year old tires. Just my opinion.