Alabama

harlleycow

Can anyone recommend an RV park in Alabama near Birmingham? We're on our way to Tunica, MS and this will be a stopping point. Thanks! :blush:

C Nash

Alabama

Which way will you be traveling through Birmingham? I59 South I would recommend Tannahill park. Kind of rustic with lot of trees, creek running through with level sites. It has water and electrical hookups. Off the Interstate about 7 miles but has historical iron work, trails and cafe. There is also one right at the exit where you get off the interstate that used to be a KOA but has changed and I have never camped there. Probably ok for overnight. South of Birmingham there is Oak Mountain State Park at exit 246. The campground is about 8 miles from the interstate through the park but the roads are good. Ther is a Good Sam Park at the Pelham exit that is very nice and right on the interstate but on the pricey side. What will you be traveling in?

harlleycow

Alabama

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to log on until today. We're coming from Valdosta, GA and heading north on 78. I found one in Jasper called Sleepy Holler. Will probably give that a try tonight.

Thanks, again!

Vicki

C Nash

Alabama

Vicki, I know where the Sleepy Holler campground is but have never been there. Jasper is about 50 miles nort of Birmingham. Do you plan on just a overnight stay in the Bham area?