Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Gary B

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Hi tarasouth, welcome to the forum, Have a great trip, have a picture ID and your brith certifacates for the border crossing, remember NO guns, pepper spary,or mace, or firewood going accross the border, limited alcoholic beverages. Once you are in Canada you'll find it a beautiful friendly country, with very few differences from the US, many of the same stores & products. You won't need extra tires or gas as they are all readlly available everywhere. Take a camera and lots of pictures, take your time & enjoy. Have a great time!! :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

Joel Steven

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

That is a trip my wife and I plan to take when we retire. I think it would be such a beautiful journey. Have fun!
I'm surprised to hear they don't allow you to bring guns. How are you supposed to defend your self when you are out in the middle of no where? How do people hunt if they can't bring guns? I dont get it. :question:

Gary B

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Hi Joel, it definetly is a beautiful trip so much to see. Canadain laws are very strick about fireams, you can take long guns but you must apply for and have a license. As for defending one self it really isn't nessary if you a little caution, of course one can get into trouble anywhere, but not as a rule. We have driven up at least 4 times without a hitch of any kind other than to have a flat tire, rock on a gravel road ruined it. Its a great trip!! :) :laugh: :cool: :approve:

ARCHER

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Anybody heard from Chelse? Guess he is still up in the Alaska area on his trip.

Shadow

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Hi Archer, I was just getting ready to e-mail you and Gary B, to ask if you had heard from Mr. Nash. Sure miss his wit and humor. Can't wait to hear some of his tall tales. :laugh:

Gary B

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Hi Guys, I haven't heard a thing either, am also waiting to hear from Chelse, bet their having the time of their lives :bleh: .
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

C Nash

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Hi all,
Yep, we are back :( and wishing we were still there. Trip was everything we thought it would be and more :bleh: . We got back around first of Aug but have been traveling local, doing some campground hosting and have not had much access to the computer. Trip was great and we made it all the wat to the Artic ocean. Left the MH in Fairbanks and drove the tracker the 300+miles of dirt rd to The Artic. No problem with the truckers on the Dalton but the locals (autos) cut no slack on slowing. No cracked w/shields or flats. MH (Ford), performed flawless, sure glad I had stuck the bowtie emblem on the steering wheel :laugh: had that ford fooled into believing it was a chevy :evil: Toad did come loose coming back through Calgary canada. Think someone may have pulled the key on the pin as I have never had one to shear. Glad I had installed a br system on the Tracker as it worked as expected and no damage was done. Had a spare pin and was on the rd again in about 15 min and most of that time was spent changing my pants :clown: . Got a pretty good ck over while going into canada. They wanted to know how much money we had, credit card limit guess they looked at this old southern boy and wanted to be sure I had enough $$$$$ to get out of canada. He even had the nerve to say my confederate money was no good :angry: . Made me take down my confederate flag :angry: We got to cover most all of Alaska that you can in a vehicle. Did not get to go to Chicken and Dawson city because of the wild fires but, now we have a reason to go back. Found a c/ground that said we could camp host at in Fairbanks so would like to go back and maybe even try a winter up there. Trip of a lifetime and the only regret is that it's over. Now we are into going with the G/kids to BMX bike racing. Both just won the state and regional championship in their class. Good to be back and reading all the good info on RVUSA

ARCHER

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Chelse,
Sure sounds like all should go t Alaska and visit. We have been there. Chicken is neat....(they have an "outhouse" for use by tourists.....got a pic of wife coming out of it....can't post it or she would move me out ... ha ha. Dawson City is also great...we got there by boat and stayed two days.....we went on a tour not MH.
Glad you had a safe trip and are enjoying the g-kids. :) :laugh: :cool:

C Nash

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Thanks Archer,
Guess you have already came back through Alabama. yes, the trip to Alaska is one I would recommend to anyone. I would not hesitate to drive again. AlCan highway was not nearly as bad as I was expecting but you have to remember i'm just an old country boy and used to driving dirt rds. Lots of the lower 48 interstates were worse.

ARCHER

Alaska Bound-Any Advice?

Chelse, Yup, already passed thru Bama in late Oct. Won't be heading North in MH til next spring, but will fly over it at Christmas.....will wave to ya. Got to be home for kids and Grandkids at Christmas so flying North. I remember the ALCan road.....and the lead vehicle riding ahead of us to make sure we did not meet anyone head on and that we could use one of the pull offs to let um pass. What I liked the best on the road, was "NO SIGNS".....BILLBOARDS/ADS/ETC....JUST WIDE OPEN BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY WITH NOTHING BUT NATURE TO LOOK AT. GOTTA GO BACK ONE OF THESE DAYS. :laugh: