All 12v lights pulsate when shore power is used

dfbergeron

I have a 2007 Roadtrek Agile SS. I do not use shore power often, but whenever I do, this is since I bought this unit new, the 12v lights pulsate when I am plugged in to shore power. Both Road Trek and the manufacturer of the Inverter claim it is not there problem. I always switch on the coach power before I plug in to shore power. Any suggestions?

The lights pulsate only when I am plugged in to shore power, they work fine when I dry camp.

Thank you,
Dennis

C Nash

Re: All 12v lights pulsate when shore power is used

Welcome to the forum Dennis. Sounds like a converter problem to me. Have you checked batt connections and water level in the batt? Has Road Trek checked this problem or just telling you it's not their problem?

dfbergeron

The dealer where I bought this Roadtrek (my second new unit) told me I needed a new coach battery and the problem would be solved. I replaced the battery(the water level is full and it is fully charged) and the problem with the pulsating lights is still persistant. I spoke with the inverter manufacturer and they say it is a Roadtrek Problem. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer wants to deal with it.

C Nash

Are you talking inverter or converter. Inverter changes 12 v to 120 and converter 120 to 12 which most lights work off. Which ever and I'm thinking converter the dealer shoul take care of it. Being a 2007 doubt that there is still warranty unless the dealer gave you one. If it's still in warranty the maker of the converter or inverter will make it good. The dealer should handle this. Still could be a connection problem. Check all the connections.

LEN

Sounds like the converter to me cycling from charge to off. Something to try if you have a 12volt charger is to stay unhooked from shore power but hookup battery charger and see if you still get the pulses. If you do then there is something else causing the problem other than the converter. If you still get the pulses pull fuses and 12 volt breakers untill you find the problem user. Could also be a ground problem needs checked.

LEN

G

one other thing ,, does u'r rv have the Intellitec energy mangement system?? if so i would look there ,, since it controls all of the 120 volt stuff and the 12 volt stuff ,, i have seen a few with dimming lights ,, and it was a bad procesor in the Intell unit ,, but as others have said ,, dealer should handle it for u ,, they will get paid for the warranty work ,, no matter who made the unit at fault ,, JMO though ,, :approve: :) :) :)

dfbergeron

Thanks everyone, I found a very loose and rusted connection on one of the many connections in the compartment where the Tripplite Inverter is located. :)

H2H1

glad you found the problem and all is well now. Also thanks for coming back and letting us know what your problem was. Just maybe this can help someone else out if they have a problem. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: