All the way from Yorkshire, England.........advice needed

Yorkshire Tyke

Me and the missus and the lad are thinking about hiring a RV in July in Salt Lake City and doing a southern loop to show my son (13 years old) the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Painted Desert etc etc and then back to Salt Lake City and doing a northern loop to Yellowstone and Glacier National Park etc.

Two questions;

1) Where's the best place to hire an RV in Salt Lake City that is reasonably priced - remembering money dosen't grow on trees in Britain like it does in America :laugh:

2) This is the first time I've hired a RV in America. Any general tips such as where to stay and what to look out for. Anything that you think will help us.

Thanks in advance.
Yorkshire Tyke

DL Rupper

Re: All the way from Yorkshire, England.........advice needed

Hey Yorkshire Tyke, welcome to the forum. The trees are pretty bare here. Check out RV Rentals on the left colum of this forum. Also, read "Utah Red Rock Country" under Destinations. That thread should give you some ideas.

Buckeye Chuck

RE: All the way from Yorkshire, England.........advice needed

Hi,

As DL says be sure to check out red rock country while in Utah. Spend a few nights in Moab, Utah and check out Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Dead Horse Point State Park. You'll be glad you did.Take lots of pictures for your friends back in England to see.

Hear is a link to our trip out there to give you an idea of some things to see.

Utah Trip

-BC-

Kirk

Re: All the way from Yorkshire, England.........advice needed

Check out Cruise America for the nearest franchise. They are the largest of RV rental agencies in the USA and second would be El Monte RV. You should be able to locate either via an internet search.