Allison transmission

timc0162

Allisonman
I have a 1992 Gulf Sttream Friendship LXE with a 250 cummins and an Allison MD 3060 transmission. My Problem is that no matter how hot or cold the transmission is when I turn the ignition key on the speedometer will jump from 0 to 50 mph and when it settles down the hot transmission light will come on and I am not able to get the transmission to shift into gear. At first I was able to get it into gear after turning the key on two or three times now every time i turn the key it does the same thing. If I am successful as I am driving along the transmission will show the hot tranny light and shift into 3rd or4th grar. Is there a simple problem here?

Kirk

Allison transmission

I'm not Allison expert, but the symptom sounds like a sensor problem to an old retired electronic tech.

Kirk

Allison transmission

I'm not Allison expert, but the symptom sounds like a sensor problem to an old retired electronic tech.

Kirk

Allison transmission

Kirk

Allison transmission

Sorry about the tripple post! I was getting an error message from the website and thought that it had not posted.

Bush70

Allison transmission

The two problems may not related. The speedo could be OK as they will do that on some vechiles. The trany could be a sensor like Kirk said.