Alum Roof Paint

ARCHER

So, is it ok to paint an alum roof on a Class A, (Winn, Chieftain, 1989) to help seal up any pin holes that might have developed? If so, is there a special type of Alum Paint to use on an RV roof or can you just buy the silver alum paint from like a paint store or Lowe's or ??? What is the process for applying it? Anything special to do or look for?

s.harrington

Alum Roof Paint

The best I have found is the Dyco 890. Its about $40 a gallon but works real well. You should be able to get it at your RV store or if you have one a mobilehome parts house probably sells it cheaper. We have Everett Superior Supply up here. I will post there web site here tomorrow.

s.harrington

Alum Roof Paint

The best I have found is the Dyco 890. Its about $40 a gallon but works real well. You should be able to get it at your RV store or if you have one a mobilehome parts house probably sells it cheaper. We have Everett Superior Supply up here. I will post there web site here tomorrow.

Kirk

Alum Roof Paint

We have friends who used Kool Seal and were very happy with the result. I think that it costs about the same as what was also mentioned.

Bob_Rabbit

Alum Roof Paint

I used Kool Seal, worked very well, it went on thin so I put 2 coats on it. Looks good and keeps the inside alot cooler

ARCHER

Alum Roof Paint

Thanks all. Can you buy Kool Seal at local lumber yard (Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.)??