Am I dreaming?

sondor

I'd like to find a lightweight travel trailer pullable by my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee which can withstand winter temperatures when I live in it during the winter months.

Too much to ask for?

Needs to have a dry weight of ~4,000lbs. Will winter in N. Nevada where it routinely gets down to 10-15 degrees. Less is possible on occasion.

I've spent several days and nights searching the forums and dealer sites with no luck.

I really like the Fleetwood Pegasus and Orbit size/floor plans/price, (L shaped kitchen, and no dinette) but I get the impression they would never hold up in the winter?

Kenneth at GTS was kind enough to respond to an email, but it sounds like the upcoming SunnyBrook Harmony line doesn't have an enclosed bottom, and may not be a true four season choice? That's too bad as it would be perfect if so.

Note to RV sales websites: Make trailer weight a searchable criteria!

Thank you all in advance for your responses. I've read so many posts on this forum that I feel like I know several of you :)

Sincerely,

Sondor

C Nash

Re: Am I dreaming?

Welcome to the forum Sondor. Think you will have a hard time finding a lighweigh that will serve you in this kind of weather. You might look into the Artic Fox or Nash line but don't know they have any in this weight. Good luck

Kirk

I guess that it just depends upon what you require to live in comfort. I have done winter camping fairly comfortably in a tent, but that was when I was much younger and more into camping. Today I want a nice warm place to live and sleep and don't care to live in thermal underwear! To live in the comfort of home, I do not see how you will ever find anything larger than about 15 feet long with that weight limit and insulation. You may want to look at the Casitta or the Burro.

C Nash

LOL, Kirk I had forgotten those days long ago when we camped year round in tents. :laugh: Some of the better times and simple. Amazing how age changes things :eek: :laugh:

H2H1

Ok guys, those was not the good ole days, nice but not good. I rather sleep in my bed any day than on the ground in a bag with very little cover. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: AS Nash stated age plays a big part in that decision :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: