AN ENTERTAINER GOING FULL TIME...

musicalmayhem

Well, this should be a new question! I'm a professional entertainer from the UK and I've spent years on the big cruise lines travelling the world. Now I really want to 'do' USA and Canada. The intention is to buy a class C rv and travel around performing, wherever! I have read a little about some of the big rv parks where there is entertainment laid on, if not this then how about arriving at the parks and organising my own show??? I won't bore you with details but I'm a singing, rocking piano player and my one man show includes comedy, magic, music etc! Totally original and great for families!
So what do you think? Would an evening of entertainment be welcomed at any sites and are there the venues? Outdoor shows? Any advice will be welcome to this British newbie!
Many thanks, Jon.

C Nash

Jon,
Sounds like a pretty good idea to me but, you would have to have the parks permission for sure if you plan on chrging admission. Most parks sure need some entertainment but, guess they would have to raise prices.

Chelse L. Nash
fulltimer03@yahoo.com

dims24

Jon from a fellow musician, I wish you well. But also as a traveler...I think you will find most RVparks are in to "quiet". After long drives folks want to just relax or sleep. And most Rvers have their own entertainment....satelite dishes, local tv antennas, stereos etc.

You may be better off trying to find a place like the local town theatre/movie house or some local town theatre group may have a place just for that type of show. If you schedule in advance you can make fliers and put them in RVparks and on telephone poles etc. wherever the RVers are likely to go for stuff. Grocery store, gas stations....

Anyway good luck persuing your project. Mike

Mike Dimock

musicalmayhem

Thanks for your input folks. Will keep on researching it. Keep your eyes open, hope to meet ya!
All the best, Jon.