Another Newbie

laynej

I am new to RVing as well asto this forum from which i have already found a lot of great information.I just purchased(pick it up next week)a new,2005 Keystone Cougar,33ft,302RLS TT with 2 slides.Does anyone have any knowledge,experience,or opinions about this particular unit?Would greatly appreciate any info you could give me.

C Nash

Another Newbie

Welcome to the forum laynej. We had a 2000 28 FT Cougar and it was a great little rv. Towed great and was easy to heat and cool. Good entry level rv IMO for the dollar. Hope you enjoy. Is this your first camper?

laynej

Another Newbie

Thanks for the reply Chelse.Actually it is our second one.We purchased a 25 footer with no slides last July.Took a short 3 week trip with it,long enough to learn that we really enjoyed the camper but needed one with a little more space and comfort.So,even though this is our 2nd camper,i'm still a rookie RVer and still have more questions.

ARCHER

Another Newbie

Hey Laynej, welcome. Ask away. Be careful what you believe from Chelse. He has poison in his veins from an old injury and we are still trying to determine what all it affected inside his body besides his brain. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: He still provides some pretty good advice ;)

laynej

Another Newbie

Thanks for the warning Archer,i'll keep that in mind.Ha!I have read a few of Chelse's postings and he seems almost normal to me.Just kidding Chelse.

SnowbirdInFlight

Another Newbie

Welcome to the forum LayneJ! Most of the folks who post on here are great people with lots of good advice! Welcome again!

C Nash

Another Newbie

laynej our Cougar was a 5th wheel and it had one slide. kept it two year and the only time it was back to the dealer was for a recall on the frame. Had no dealing with Keystone so don't know how they are with customer service. Most rvers that I have seen with their products have been pleased. Just be sure to keep a close inspection for water leaks as with any rv.
Aw come on now Archer just because the snake died after biting me no need for you to get ill :laugh: . laynej, he has a voodoo doll that he will use to cast a spell if you kid him. :eek: :laugh: guess you have figured out by now that we are all getting the winter blues. Went out to the MH today and took a nap and dreamed that I was back in Alaska. Cheap to go in dreams. Now if all would just send some money :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

Shadow

Another Newbie

Words can't describe the sheer horror that snake must have felt that fateful day. All we can hope is he went fast and didn't suffer like that poor grizz in Alaska! :laugh:

ARCHER

Another Newbie

Hey Chelse, I use to take naps while the motorhome was sitting on the pad beside the house too. I've been to Alaska (not RVing) and I can picture it vividly...........keep dreaming, you'll make it back there again soon. Since I sleep in it every night now that we are down in the Sunny State of Texas with the clear blue skies, fire ants and WIND/WIND/WIND/WIND :dead: no naps. We are scheduled to stay until late March, but might start moving North a little at a time the end of Feb.....sightsee I guess. Plan on being home by early April. Might even come up I65 and maybe we can catch some coffee.

C Nash

Another Newbie

Archer let me know when you will be traveling on 65. I travel it from exit 235 to 310 five days a week. Sure would enjoy a cup with you. Might even buy to keep you from voodooing me again :laugh:

Shadow I hope he died a sloooow painfuuuul death and all his family and even his kids :angry: Come to think of it though he must have been a she to cause that much pain :eek: :evil: :laugh:

Shadow

Another Newbie

Hey Archer, nothing like stepping out of your RV and the first thing your cap blows off, realize you're standing on a fire ant mound, and throw your coffee down to get the ants off ya. What a great start to a Texas morning. On your way back, if you have some time to kill, check out Rockport on your way. Lots of RV parks and plenty of places to fish. They have a nice state park also. Then from there you have my stomping grounds, Palacios and Matagorda. Or maybe stop at Galveston, they have a very nice state park right on the beach. Lots of things to do there. Plus not too far from Houston if you want to catch the rodeo! Think Chelse should have warned you of the ants and wind. Maybe a little poke on the voodoo doll is in order. :laugh: Ouch....what the....ouch! I said Chelse....

ARCHER

Another Newbie

Shadow, we are thinking of leaving a little early to start our trip back north. Sometime around Feb 19th. Sounds like a few nice places to stop on the way that you have stated. tks. I've got control of the ants now but the wind is almost never ending.....but making do. Thinking of buying kites since I can't keep the fishing line out in the water without putting an anchor on for a sinker. Nice thing about RVing and being retired is "Every day is Saturday" and we do what we want, when we want, how we want, as long as "she" says it is ok... ;)