Another Tow Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Woodruff

Re: Another Tow Question

H2H1 - 12/27/2008 10:47 AM

Hey guys just ignore Sean and maybe he will go away. It just seems he has been on some other RV forum who like to argue and debate. By the way Sean, I will still take a rusty nail that is proven rather than a shinny one who has no proven history other than his on horn going off. Oh BTW Sean, why not provide the person who sent you the PM. I bet I can guess who it was. SB

I'm not going anywhere. I'll be in this industry long after most of you are gone. Do some research before you tout your proven product position. It doesn't hold water. My product is proven and performs as well as any hitch available in the world.

Why would I betray the trust of someone sending me a message? It's clear that he is dead on in his analysis of people on this forum.

LEN

OK show us all this data if it exits at all. Charts with stress/load data would be nice. Showing tow rig with a direct comparison hitch to hitch. With sway sensors in direct relationship to each hitch. And don't say you can't produce the data because some liability conflict, as direct data is not liable only conclusions are.
If your going to plug your product being so superior lets see the data.
Oh and where is your engineering degree from and at what level?

TexasClodhopper

Sean, your "debating" on RV forums is really not getting you any good marketing. Just the opposite.

But then your real purpose is just to get your web site name on the forums so Google will give your listing a higher ranking. You probably don't care what is said ... just your ranking for those that search for hitches.

The more you argue with us; the better your ranking. Whada racket!

Sean Woodruff

LEN - 12/27/2008 12:57 PM

OK show us all this data if it exits at all. Charts with stress/load data would be nice. Showing tow rig with a direct comparison hitch to hitch. With sway sensors in direct relationship to each hitch. And don't say you can't produce the data because some liability conflict, as direct data is not liable only conclusions are.
If your going to plug your product being so superior lets see the data.
Oh and where is your engineering degree from and at what level?

I have nothing to prove to you, Len. I have been proving the performance of a pivot point projection hitch to customers for over 11 years and there are STILL these posts. That's where this whole thread is completely ridiculous. I answered a question for a person and all of you think you're the keepers of the knowledge and jump all over me for doing it. The arrogance demonstrated in an area for which incomplete knowledge is clear is epic.

Oh, and my Bachelor's degree (BSME) is from Lawrence Technological University and my Masters (MBA) is from The University of Michigan.

You can call me if you'd like to debate my choice of schools.

Sean Woodruff

TexasClodhopper - 12/27/2008 1:00 PM

Sean, your "debating" on RV forums is really not getting you any good marketing. Just the opposite.

But then your real purpose is just to get your web site name on the forums so Google will give your listing a higher ranking. You probably don't care what is said ... just your ranking for those that search for hitches.

The more you argue with us; the better your ranking. Whada racket!

I haven't debated the hitch if you read this thread. I answered the OP and was jumped on for doing so. I will defend my character when attacked by people that really don't have a clue as to who I am or what I am about.

I'm not looking for good marketing. AGAIN, all of you are so concerned with someone with a clue posting on this forum that you view it through your "afraid of sales" lens.

As for your Goolge comment, most forums links are "no-follow" so Google doesn't weight them. In fact, the URL in my signature isn't even a hyperlink so it definitely is no-follow. And, there is no anchor text for "hitches" in any of these posts so even if there were follow links Google would not rank the posts for the search term "hitches" and give my site any link juice for that term. SEO link building in forums is a pointless exercise. It's much easier to build links in other ways.

LEN

All products have something to prove not just to me but the whole purchasing public for that product. And since you claim to have so much into product developement or do you. I must surmise no backup to your data claim. The arrogance is on your part for expecting us to take your product at your word. I would think one in your claimed position, now that it is invited, would jump at the chance to promote your product and prove to us nay-sayers just how good it is. But why you are being jumped on is your signature. And don't give me the crap that your not looking for buss. from that.

Sean Woodruff

LEN - 12/27/2008 2:57 PM

All products have something to prove not just to me but the whole purchasing public for that product. And since you claim to have so much into product developement or do you. I must surmise no backup to your data claim. The arrogance is on your part for expecting us to take your product at your word. I would think one in your claimed position, now that it is invited, would jump at the chance to promote your product and prove to us nay-sayers just how good it is. But why you are being jumped on is your signature. And don't give me the crap that your not looking for buss. from that.

Len, you are not part of the purchasing public because you post on an RV forum. Do you even tow a travel trailer? Are you looking to purchase a hitch? The product is proven with thousands of customers using the design. People who do not do their research do not purchase the product and only argue about it from a limited perspective. Those very same people want a company to bend over backwards for them. It isn't happening here. I couldn't care less about what you or the other naysayers think. I have plenty of customers, and help plenty of people, who do want to know the whole story about towing safely.

As for the business, you give yourself and this forum way too much weight in affecting a business one way or the other. There are only, at the most, 25 people at any one time even logged in. There are much better places to "sell" my products if I were looking to do that. My own forum would be one of them and I don't have to deal with members who don't do their homework.

LEN

As a matter of fact I do tow a trailer. So wrong bud, again your arrogance. And you think this forum is the limit of what we view "not". But buss must be good as you have the time to respond. LOL But I'm retired and have the time. again LOL

Sean Woodruff

LEN - 12/27/2008 6:25 PM

As a matter of fact I do tow a trailer. So wrong bud, again your arrogance. And you think this forum is the limit of what we view "not". But buss must be good as you have the time to respond. LOL But I'm retired and have the time. again LOL

Yes, business is just great. So much so, I wouldn't sell you a hitch if you wanted to pay me for two. I'm glad we're both laughing.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Actually Len, I expect business is pretty bad for $2,500.00 hitches. That is the only problem I have with his hitch and the Hensley. It may be a better hitch, Lord knows it looks impressive, but the same end result can be achieved without spending so much money.

He does not think I know what I am talking about, but I do know the Hensley. I said earlier that I had been in business 23 years. That is true as far as selling trailers, but I have been installing hitches since 1974. That would be 34 years of hitch work. I was not going to respond again here, but he asked if I offer money back if the trailer sways. I actually don't have that problem, because the hitches we sell do their job. My customers don't have to spend thousands either.

Also, look back to my first post here and you will read that I said there was nothing wrong with the Hensley. I just said it was not necessary, and I was talking about the poster with a 3/4 ton truck with a 30' trailer. If anyone knows hitches like he claims, he will KNOW that longer wheelbase tow vehicles are best. I really don't understand why he won't agree to just that one fact. I do believe he was on the debate team in school.

I am also done here, no matter what he says. I won't give him anymore satisfaction.

Sean Woodruff

Mr. Hurt,

Business isn't bad at all. I have sold twice as many hitches this year as I planned to sell. Why in the world would you expect it to be bad? Maybe that's a reflection of your business but it certainly isn't mine.

Like I said before, if you believe that a pivot point projection hitch does the same thing as the conventional hitches you sell, you do not understand the way they work. With that logic, a 5th wheel hitch does the same thing.

Again, with your knowledge of installing the hitches you sell, you say a longer wheelbase is better. The OP said he was going to buy a Hensley so your claim of a longer wheelbase being better IS NOT accurate when he buys a pivot point projection hitch.

A hitch that allows pivoting at the hitch ball, with the trailer sway forces acting on the lever arm between the hitch ball and the rear axle of the trailer, does require a longer wheelbase to offset the forces applied by the trailer because the steering torque is multiplied by that lever arm. However, THAT IS NOT THE HITCH the OP said he was going to use.

I'm not sure I can be more clear.

I notice you are a SunnyBrook dealer. You might want to ask Elvie if denying the stability of a pivot point projection hitch cost him anything in the Barnett case. There is also a dealership in Texas and a hitch company from CA that pitched into that settlement. You may save yourself some heartache in the future.

ON EDIT: Here's a link for you. Telling half the story to customers can result in a very serious situation.
http://www.newsomelaw.com/our-firm/notable-cases/trailer-sway/

G

Ok one last post and i'm done ,, u say u test the hitches in a controlled enviroment ,, ok ,, but do u own a rv u'r self ,, and if so how many back wood no road at all places have u been to ????? Alot on here know what does and does not work ,, they use what they have every day ,, and yr round ,, they know what works ,, and they don't need a big print out of what works on a test track ,, u need to test u'r products in the real world ,,, and i do install hitches also ,, goose necks ,, hidaway's ,, and reciever types ,, i use what i know works ,, and from people i know use them ,,, as do i use what works in the repair end of it ,, it don't always take the biggest baddest part to make a repair ,, some can be done without any parts at all ,, it's called ,, ADAPT AND OVERCOME
OK JMO ,, and i'm done ,, on this subject ... ;)

Sean Woodruff

Yes, 730, I own and use a travel trailer. I have also owned a dealership. I'm not sure why that is relevant to a wheelbase question.

I understand that people use what works for them. If you read back through this thread I never had a problem with that. I answered the OP with a fact and I was attacked by people without any provocation on my part. Then the attacks turned personal with attacking my character. All of these attacks were from people with a limited perspective. That limited perspective is then defended as being correct with more personal attacks on my character. Look around the internet and you'll see that I always use my own name and I don't normally respond to such nonsense from people with such limits. The only reason I am doing so here is I am bored out of my mind over these holidays. I gave my employees the 24th through the 1st off.

G

well i am not arguing the hitches ,, but the fact that u have a web sight in u'r sig ,, and in u'r profile ,, all i am trying as others are ,,, pay for advertising ,, u'll get alot better positive feedback from alot on here if u do ,, but one of the mods is on now ,, so i feel this whole thread ,, to a point wil get deleted ...
;) btw i gave mine employees off thru the 5th with pay ;) :approve:
Also ,, why are u hiding ,, u have set u'r logon to show u'r not online ,,, but u just posted ,, about 5 mins ago

Sean Woodruff

730 - 12/27/2008 8:06 PM

well i am not arguing the hitches ,, but the fact that u have a web sight in u'r sig ,, and in u'r profile ,, all i am trying as others are ,,, pay for advertising ,, u'll get alot better positive feedback from alot on here if u do ,, but one of the mods is on now ,, so i feel this whole thread ,, to a point wil get deleted ...
;) btw i gave mine employees off thru the 5th with pay ;) :approve:
Also ,, why are u hiding ,, u have set u'r logon to show u'r not online ,,, but u just posted ,, about 5 mins ago

I didn't realize I was hiding. When I leave the site it logs me off. What would be the motivation to hide?

I understand your point about the advertising but a URL is not advertising. With the attitude of the people in this thread toward someone "selling" them something I'm surprised they can get any advertisers here. In fact, thanks for the muse. You just gave me an idea for my next column in RV Pro magazine.

G

I have one more ??? for u ,, din't u come around here about 5 or 6 months ago ,, doing the same thing ,, and also u "said" u contacted the mods ,, on paying for ads on here ???? What happened ,, did they not let u pay or what ???

C Nash

Sean, the only problem I have is the co. and ph number listed in your signature. The Hensley is a good hitch but very expensive. Take the co and ph num out and you will find you are welcome here. I'm sure you have tons of info to share. Why did you list your forum? Do you want us all there arguing? As you see I have my name and location listed so no hiding here and those here are not hiding because they do not list their name. That's their option. I have towed for 50 years and never owned a Hensley and never had any problems. The best tow vehicles to me are long wheel base vehicles but yes the hensley probably would be great on a short wheel base. Again I ask why will you not remove your co and ph number or sponser RVUSA?

Sean Woodruff

730 - 12/27/2008 9:12 PM

I have one more ??? for u ,, din't u come around here about 5 or 6 months ago ,, doing the same thing ,, and also u "said" u contacted the mods ,, on paying for ads on here ???? What happened ,, did they not let u pay or what ???

Good memory. Actually it was last January. I did contact the mods and decided advertising here wasn't a good value due to the very attitudes that have been demonstrated in this thread. Why in the world would I pay money to advertise to people that find it acceptable to attack the character of someone they don't even know? That wouldn't be a very wise investment of my advertising dollars now would it?

C Nash

Oh well, I said I would not answer no more to this post not talking about the original poster but guess it time for all to hit the ignore button. :laugh: Then the one poster that likes him can buy his hitch. BYe and not buy Sean :clown:

C Nash

Oh, one last thing Sean there are 9563 registered users here on RVUSA plus huge numbers of vistors. Think that would be reason enough to pay for ads.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.