Any race fans out here??

sp

Just got back from the first ever family camping trip. A success! :bleh: The next trip is in a couple of weeks to the Nascar races in Dover DE with just the boys.

Any advice on where to park the camper at the track, facilities, or any other tibits would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve :cool:

TheBeasleys

Any race fans out here??

Steve

I too am looking for NASCAR info. We are picking up our Phaeton this week. Husband had previous plans to attend Richmond in September and I heard you can go infield. Did you ever get any useful info in this regard?

How did you do at Dover? May be interested in trying that next year.

Thanks

sp

Any race fans out here??

Hi,

I don't know anything about Richmond. Dover is a far south as I want to go with the camper. I got all of the information from Dover Speedways web site which was pretty accurate except they didn't have a site map showing camping areas.

We got there at 11am on Friday and there was no camping available because of the heavy rains from the previous weeks. People who did get in were knee deep in mud. We ended up on the pavement at Walmart. There were about 30 campers there, the Lowes' front parking lot was full, the mall was full, and Sam's Club lot was full. We had people stop and tell us how lucky we were to be on dry ground.

We had a good time but it wasn't the same as being close to the track.

Let me know how you do. Our next trip is to New Hampsire International Speedway in July. That's the closest big track to us.

Steve