Anybody heard of United RV Campers Club? RPI dropping Caverns as affiliate park?

fernerobin

We received a letter from RPI and our RPI home park..The Caverns RV Resort...stating that RPI would no longer be affiliated with the Caverns RV Resort (our home park in AZ) and an offer to join "United RV Campers Club" for $69.00 per year. Anybody ever heard of United RV Campers Club...good or bad? We have to make a decision by 12/31/06. Thanks! :question:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Anybody heard of United RV Campers Club? RPI dropping Caverns as affiliate park?

Sorry, never heard of it. $69.00/year sounds almost too good to be true.

hertig

Re: Anybody heard of United RV Campers Club? RPI dropping Caverns as affiliate park?

Is this in addition to your RPI membership? If so, will they let you chose a new 'home'? If not or no alternative available will do, will they refund any 'excess' money you have paid them and let you out of any contractural obligations they no longer provide their part of?

As for the other club, I haven't heard of it. Rumor has it that it is owned by the new owner of Caverns. I'm a bit concerned that their web site appears to be down and there does not appear to be any viable mention of them on the web. I suppose that as long as there is no contract involved, your risk would be limited to 1 year's fee.

If it is a discount club like Passport America, then $69 is way too high. PA's rate is $44 and you can do better than that with a little work. Camping World's knockoff of PA is $49 and currently on sale for $39.

DL Rupper

PA is a good investment. We use it if the discount park is on our way to wherever we are heading or at our final destination.. :laugh:

rojoe214

We bought United RV Campers Club through Caverns but have not received anything to date. Has anyone out there gotten any of the information they were promised?