anyone delt with this

G

I had a customer call us out today ,, about her class c would not start ,, anyway we cked the battery ,, it was good ,, but when my guy treid to start it ,, it was like it was in gear ,, the she told us she bought it from a buy ,, here,, pay here lot ,, and they installed one of those ,, payment shutoffs on her rv,, anyway ,, she has paid it off ,,last month ,, but the used rv place that she bought it from as since went bankrupt ,,, so i contacted Passtime(the shut down thingy) and they said they needed the used car dealer to call them with their code so that i could get her started ,, but he's gone ,, out of bussiness ,, and asked about bypassing it ,, and he told me that if i did that i could be arrested ,,, was just wondering if anyone has bypassed this system of took it out completely ... i was thinking and still am about doing this ,,, any input on this :question: :question: :)

hertig

Re: anyone delt with this

'You could be arrested' sounds flakey and rather like scare tactics. I would think they would be liable for loss if they invalidly disabled her property. As said, get the title in hand showing no lien, then insist they cease theft of her property or 'they will be arrested'. In the meantime, it might be wise to check with a legal type to see if that 'you could be arrested' statement holds water.

G

Re: anyone delt with this

The customer did have the title and the paid off note from the title holder ,, but as stated before ,, the buy here guy went bankrupt and can no longer be found ,,, i contacted passtime agian ,, and they said in this situation just cut the unit out and mail it to us ,, we take care of the rest ,, bty they said they would send a return fedex sticker thingy for me to send it back ,, but anyways that is the long and short of the story :) :) :) ;)