Anyone familiar with McKenzie Monaco Starwood 5th wheel?

Timicat

We are seriously considering buying a 2006 McKenzie Monaco Starwood LX 5th Wheel with a rear living room and double slides. Does anyone have experience with this brand that they're willing to share? Soon? Thank you. :

DL Rupper

Re: Anyone familiar with McKenzie Monaco Starwood 5th wheel?

Hey Timicat, welcome to the forum. I'll start off by saying I have no experience with McKenzie products positive or negative. That's good because if a product is really bad, the word gets out. However, if you are spending between $35,000 to $60,000 for a 5th Wheel, I would encourage you to look at Carriage, HitchHiker, Excel, Travel Supreme, Alpenlite and Prairie Schnooner, before you buy. They are all good RV's. :)

Timicat

Dear DL
Thanks for the advice and the reply.
Sincerely Timicat

s.harrington

Back in 2000 I worked for a McKenzie dealer. The construction was good (same as Holiday Rambler) but the interiors were pretty basic. Thats why you could save almost $20,000 over a HR. The floor plans were well laid out and we never had any problems with them. Just the typical stuff like cicuit boards and broken drawer guides.

seward

RE: Anyone familiar with McKenzie Monaco Starwood 5th wheel?

did you buy that 5th wheel - i too am interested in that model and year of 5th whhel trailer and would like to know what you did - if you bought how do you like it, etc.? thanks