Anyone have a great bunkhouse?

tjrskhogan

Hope someone out there can help me -- we are searching for a new fifth wheel -- time to upgrade. We are looking for a full profile with a bedroom slide and a bunk area that sleeps 3 kids (13, 12 & 8). Tell me what floorplans are out there that you like. Do you like one manufacturer vs. another?

SnowbirdInFlight

quote:Originally posted by jtrskhogan

Hope someone out there can help me -- we are searching for a new fifth wheel -- time to upgrade. We are looking for a full profile with a bedroom slide and a bunk area that sleeps 3 kids (13, 12 & 8). Tell me what floorplans are out there that you like. Do you like one manufacturer vs. another?

You didn't say if all the kids were the same sex or not. But this one from Forest River looks pretty good because it has the option of a half bath in the bunk room. They have a full bed on bottom and bunk over, so it would sleep three kids but two would have to sleep on the same bed. But the advantage would be that they would have their own tv and bathroom!

Check out this link:
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/fl...rdle&direc=fifthwheels/cardinal/floorplans/le

tjrskhogan

all three are girls -- so no problem sharing a bed -- only problem is dad won't go for a bunk slide -- he is not sure of the stability of a third slide -- likes two slides but not three

Grandview Trailer Sa

Jennifer, drive down to Bedford. If you have not been there, we have a Canyon Trail in stock with a bedroom slide, superslide and double bunks in the back. I know you said 3 children, we also have a triple bunk Canyon Trail with a rear garage for storage. That one does not have a bedroom slide but it does have a superslide. We have several models we can order if these do not suit you.
We also have a trailer with a bunk slide and the rear bath/half. It won't fall off. :laugh: I can order one of them with a bedslide also. We have lots of new plans available. Your name is familar to me, but I can't place it.

tjrskhogan

GTS we purchased a conquest tt from you in 03 -- rememeber we are the ones who were run into our first trip out -- ended up with a wildcat and are now looking to go up from that -- has to be a full profile with a bedroom slide -- husband will go for super slide and bedroom slide but not the additional bunk slide --

Grandview Trailer Sa

I KNEW I knew your name, just could not place it. Sorry

Again, we have one in stock with double bunks. Come look at it, I expect you will like it.

Good hearing from you.
Kenneth

rvconsultant

quote:Originally posted by jtrskhogan

rvconsultant

Have you see the Montana, Mountaineer Edition fifth wheel that has a back bedroom slide that includes a jackknife sofa and bunk beds. This is ideal for a family with teens. We have it on our website at leisuretimervok.com . Look for the Montana, Mountaineer edition model 342 PHT.

Jennrz4

Just wanted to toss in my two cents. We also have three kids (13 year old girl, 12 year old boy and 4 year old girl). We just bought this:

http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/brandtomodel/floorplan.aspx?brand=prowler/pr&m=3102BDS

We've only used it a bit but so far we really enjoy it. The two older kids like the bunks and they feel really stable. The littlest one liks to sleep on the couch that folds down into a bed(when she's not sneakin' into the queen with us).

Good Luck.

tjrskhogan

Think I talked husband into a bunk slide -- should be getting a Silverback Cedar Creek by Forest River soon!!