AOL cheats customers ... AGAIN !!!

John Harrelson

I understand that some of you do not use AOL and this will not impact you.. but some of you do use it and should be aware of just how crooked and non-trustworthy AOL really is..

I found out how bad they were when I signed up for their service back in 1988 and had to get my credit card company to get my money back from AOL after I had tried for several months to stop their service ,

AOL flat refused to stop my service and I finally had to completely erase my hard drive and reformat it to get rid of the AOL hidden contents that was on my computer..

For those of you who might be considering signing up with AOL .. be aware that when AOL is installed on your computer...it takes over the computer and will not let you control it like you want to.. it controls the computer like it wants to..

AOL is the worst thing on the internet system today and should be put out of business..

Please read this news from USA TODAY newspaper..

John
USA says AOL cheats customers.

TexasClodhopper

I don't like AOL for the same reason, but USA TODAY is right there with them. I don't trust anything they write on paper.

hertig

I understand that AOL was one of the companies which told all their employees that they were going out to search their cars, and anyone who had a gun in the car, or refused to allow the search, was fired. Don't know if AOL was the one, but one of those companies chose the first day of hunting season for the search...

So, I wouldn't use AOL for any reason, even if they were technically perfect.

C Nash

Daughter had the same problem with AOL. Could not get them to discountinue her account. :angry:

ARCHER

I've been using ATT Worldnet for several years for my internet service provider and I could not be happier. I have it at home and so far, I've been able to use it on the road with a phone line set up. I get unlimited monthly usage for around $18.00 per month which I think is very reasonable.

Krazeehorse

Here's how you beat those guys at that game. If you want to set up an automatic payment, create a special account (savings or checking) and allow your vendor to draw off that account. Just make sure the funds are in that account each month on payment day. You could put 6 months or a year or whatever amount in the account. When you quit the vendor's service or need their attention, draw your funds out of that account. Voila! Zero balance. They can't get anymore of your money. Krazee

hertig

Make sure you don't have 'automatic overdraft' set up on it though :)

Note they probably can turn the balance due over to a collection agency...

C Nash

They did this to our daughter after she refused to keep paying the bill :angry: She did not pay by bank draft, just monthly payment. Called them and told them she no longer wanted AOL and even sent a registared letter and they still tried to make her pay.