Are all RVer's under 6 foot tall??

GlennNY

I am rather new to the RV world. My wife and I are now retired and are preparing to go Full Time. We have been looking at TT for about 4 weeks. Looked at over 150 units. Before my wife even steps foot in the RV I check the shower to see if I would be able to take a shower while standing upright. I find that in most cases I will either have my head shoved up in the sky light or I will be hunched over. Is there any manufacturer that has higher ceilings (or lower floors) in their TT's.

I realize that it is highly recommended for a Full Timer to go with a 5th Wheel and some 5vers do have showers on the lower level but at this time I am not ready to buy a 5ver and a tow vehicle. As we are not sure that we will enjoy the Full Time lifestyle we do not want $50,000+ invested in an unknown. If after a full year we find we love it than we will make that move.

I currently have a 3/4 ton Chev conversion van which is more than capable of handling most 28 to 30 foot lite TT.

Lory

We just bought a 2004 Dutchman Classic 35ft and my husband really doesn't have a problem in the shower and he is 6'3". He is about 290lbs also. He doesn't have tons of room but he does have plenty to take a nice hot shower without hitting his head or arms anywhere.

Good Luck

hertig

Travel Trailers are almost always designed for a reduced frontage area, which requires a lower ceiling. I never did find one which I fit into (I'm 6'6"), but then I was limited to perhaps 25' due to tow vehicle limitations, so maybe there are higher ones available in longer (heavier) models.

makaiguy

We have a Dutchmen 24RL 5th wheel. The bathroom is in the middle of the trailer and is under the highest part of the roof. Plenty of headroom, to the point that I had to make an adaptor to allow us to operate the crank handle on the roof vent. I could just reach it if on tiptoes, wife couldn't reach it at all.

I'm 6'0" and the problem *I* have is that the hose length on the hand held shower is too short, so even though there is adequate head space I *still* have to bend over. Grrr ....