Ashevile NC

RVMills

Has anyone stayed near the Biltmore Estate?
We see Mama Gerties, Campfire, Bear Creek.
Any first hand experience with these parks?

TexasClodhopper

Re: Ashevile NC

In September, last year, we stayed in "Taps" RV park. It was a little cramped and not brand new, but we just wanted to park since we spent all day driving around in a rent car. We didn't like the noise level at night when the nearby gokart track ran. We only stayed a couple of days. It was easy to get to from I-40.

Had a great tour of the Biltmore Estate. Don't stop at the mansion. There is some great wine there, too. Bring plenty of money!

Take the drive (not in your RV) on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went north and ran into low clouds near the highest part.

Then we moved into Maggie Valley and stayed at Creekwood Farm for some "R & R". Great stream running through it! Backed right up to it.

dennis1949

Re: Ashevile NC

we stayed at Bear Creek. Small family owned campground that was spotless. Would not hesitate to stay there again

jrob

RE: Ashevile NC

We were just there July 13, 14,15th and stayed on the French Broad River Campground. It's not easy to get into, not alot of spaces, BUT gorgeous scenery. We were 20 yards from a very wide, beautiful flowing river. I used shower facilities in RV, so couldn't comment on those. There are train tracks on several of the campgrounds. I understand there was a track on the other side of the river, but I never heard the train.