auto awning

G

Does anyone out there have a Girard auto awning ,, the reason i'm asking ,, i had a call today about the awning going out be it self ,, and yes it does have a remote ,, i read on the GS web page that Girard will send a guy out to ck it ,, and from what i read ,, they have a killer warranty on the awnings ,, i told the customer that i would send smoeone out ,, so i did ,, we readjusted the wind sensor ,, and that's it ,, but i did tell the customer that i would get the number for him,, for Girard ,, that way it won't cost him anything ,, and bty i only charged 45.00 for the call ,,, but it got me thinking ,, and since most of u on here have seen everything ,, i would ask ,, better than being bashed on the GS forums ,, thanks
Rod :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;)

elkhartjim

Re: auto awning

Hey Rod, I've got a Girrad awning, but its never "gone out" by itself unless it went "in by itself" without me knowing. What happens at 60 miles per hour and it goes out by itself? I know there are safeties but you get my point.

vanole

Ditto what elkhartjim says. Mine never has gone out or retracted on its own. Wonder if the customer had the remote between seat cushions or something.

G

From what i read ,, certain radio interfenrance can cause the awning to go out and in ,, such as high powered cb"s and stuff ,, but since Girard makes a good waranty ,, then i sent them that way ,, but thanks for the reponses :approve: :approve: :approve: :) :)

H2H1

hey everyone I have one of those automatic awning thing. It has never went out on it own but it has retracted on it own. I just put the automatic select switch in the off position and it stays out when a little wind comes up. In MOST CASES i will retract it if we are going out for awhile. I alway watch the weather to see how it going to be at night, and if the wind is going to get up I will retrack it back in. I know this is going over board, but they cost so much to replace or repair . So I go the extra mile to protect it.

G

Man Hollis u got it made ,, an auto awning :eek: :eek: :eek:
I had an auto awning at one time ,, but my son quit going with us on trips :laugh: so now i'm back to a manual one ,, i go out and put the pole in the little hoop and ,, pull it down myself :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:

brodavid

just hire dave, he is available, needs a extension on the pole

730, 82 yesterday here

love to all,
msjackie

G

hey msjackie and dave ,, good to see both again ,, and brodave u might want to turn u'r head ,, cause i'm gonna get real nasty with msjackie ,, due to the temps u guy's have down there :bleh: :bleh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well we were good for about a week high's upper 70's ,, three days it almost broke records 81-83 ,, but now were are back down to the 50's (high's) and by Monday ,,,, we have snow forcast :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ....
So much for spring ,,, hmmmmmmmmmm ,, this does sound like last year :approve: :approve:
If so ,, WE GONNA BE DRY AGAIN :approve: :approve: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:
But if it weren't for my hay ,, it can get as hot as it want's ,, i don't care ... :approve: :approve: :approve: ;) ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: