Automatic Awning

HeatAir

We just purchased a new-to-us class A that has an automatic awning. It has the rain/wind function that will roll it up if necessary. Seeing that it's above the curb side slide out (and being automatic) it doesn't go too low so it's not going to be real useful.

I have seen the 'Patty-o-Shade' that CW sells. I know that we couldn't tie it down per se like we would have on the other class A, but can we use it? Slide it into the groove on the existing tube and use clothes pins(?) as a holder. If the auto function decides to roll the awning up, the pins would disconnect and the roll up wold proceed providing the 'Patty-o-Shade' wouldn't add too much bulk to the roller.

Is this making sense?

TIA

J

H2H1

Re: Automatic Awning

I have one of those on mine, I got tried of it rolling up every time a little breeze blew up. So I disable it and now I can tie it down and not worry about it

krsmitty

Yep...we have the power awning on our 5er. No adjustments and sits to high. :( We bought us a 10' x 10' canopy/gazebo that will fit under the awning to help with the shade. ;)

H2H1

That is so true, it just hangs out there, providing little or no shade. I order a 12 x 12 canopy from walmart that we are using. I also got a 9 x 9 to put the toad under to help keep it cooler

krsmitty

H2H1 - 8/19/2011 12:21 PM

That is so true, it just hangs out there, providing little or no shade. I order a 12 x 12 canopy from walmart that we are using. I also got a 9 x 9 to put the toad under to help keep it cooler

Yep...where we got ours. Had them on sale for $75. Also on sale, but only online, was the canopy, screen enclosure and 39' of rope lighting for $99. They have the stock in the stores, but they wont price match. So, when it comes available online taking the one I have back.