Aux switch to start the motor

mirlin

Like allot of people my chasse battery goes dead .I just installed 2 new coach batteries and my question is even if the chasse doesn't start shouldn't I be able to start up with the coach battery ? When not in use I stay plugged into the house 110 v and I have a solar panel on top. Now between the solar panel and the converter/charger shouldn't that keep me charged up? I wonder If the chasse battery is shot its only 2 yr old..

1999 Bounder 36'
workhorse chasse
7.4L

Thanks for you're time.

G

RE: Aux switch to start the motor

Welcome to the forum Jason ,, the way u explained it is that u can not start u'r engine with the house batteries ,, is this right ???? Also do u have the aux battery switch on the dash ????? if so post back cause there maybe more to this..
As far as the engine battery goes ,, most MH's won't charge the engine battery while plugged in or with the use of solar ,, i have a 97 Alegro Bus , and even it doesn't charge the engine batteries (i have 2) but i have came up with a way around this ..
But we need to look futher into u'r problem ,, so please post us back :approve: :)

Perry L

When my chassis battery started running down between uses I got a battery minder for it and have never had a problem since. (my solor panel only hooked to house batteries)
There is a aux momentary switch on the dash of my Dolphin for boosting the chassis battery from the house batteries.

Perry

mirlin

I'm sorry for taking so long to get back

Yes the switch is on the dash and when pressed I still can't start the motor.The couch batt's are new.

G

It sounds like u might have a seleniod problem ,, do u hear a click when u hit the switch??? If not then i would ck the relay ,, it should be up front of the coach , and it should be marked
Try that and let us know back :approve: :)

C Nash

Re: Aux switch to start the motor

How long does it take for the chassis battery to go dead? As others said the chassis batt will not charge when hooked to shore power on most. If the batt is killed quick there is a drain somewhere. Could be the electric step. What type batt is the chassis? yes it could be bad after 2 yrs. I agree with 730 on the sol might be the problem. Could also be in the wiring. Time for a VOM ck

G

Re: Aux switch to start the motor

yep ,, break out the VOM :laugh:
Tiis don'r sound right to me ,, if the engine and the house batteries go dead ,, then i think u'r on to something ,, nash ,, the engine batt.. i can see ,, but the house batteries ,,, hmmmmmmmmmmm