Available Parts

n/a4

I am looking to buy a used Class A or fifth wheel. I presently have a Class A that I can no longer buy parts for. I don't want this to happen again. Is there a list of manufacturers that states how long they have been in business?

Herb

C Nash

Available Parts

Most all parts can get kind of scarce after ten or so years Herb. What kind of MH do you have and what parts do you need? Most all use the same drive train and chassics like Ford, Chev,Dodge and all use basically the same appliances.

ARCHER

Available Parts

Herb, I have also found that even though I have an 89 Class A, I have been able to get some parts that were actually upgrades from Factory Original but have actually worked better, like on the hot water tank.
I agree with /Chelse that you might want to post to this forum for specific parts that you are having problems finding and you might be able to get them from direction of someone who might know.
Since this really didn't answer your original question, you might try sending emails to all the major RV Manufacturers and see what you get. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Happy Holidays (ps...Chelse, I totally agree with your other post regarding our soldiers, amen) :)

Poppa

Available Parts

I have a 1979 Foretravel and have not have trouble getting any parts except for some OEM dash parts. Like Archer said I have upgraded several things and they work better than the old stuff.

The only problem I have been having is that I would like to keep the original as is but I am afraid my instrument panel is going to go by the way side shortly.

n/a4

Available Parts

Thank you for the reply. I have a 1990 Malibu Cobra Class A 36 foot. The parts (I should have specified) are the body parts like wheel well covers, bumper pieces, access doors, etc that are unique to this MH as far as I know. I don't have any RV junk yards around VA, Beach that I am aware of. And I have not tried to find any online. That will be my next effort. I appreciate the responses and info I received. Everyone have a great Holiday.

Herb :)

Gary B

Available Parts

Hi Herb, try www.all-rite.com for some of you parts another place is Colaw RV parts & Salvage superstore in Carthage, MO. 417-548-2125. They are one of the largest salvage business's in the country and nice folks to deal with.
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

Kirk

Available Parts

quote:Is there a list of manufacturers that states how long they have been in business?

I don't know of any listing, but there are some long time companies that seem to be pretty secure. The leader has to be Winnebago and Itasca is and has always been, a part of Winnebago. Allegro has been around for quite some time and also seems to be healthy and immune to take-over or closure. Some others that seem pretty healthy on that score are Newmar, National RV, and Monoco.

Keep in mind that there are names that are quite old, but that have been bought out, or taken over by other owners and are not at all the same as the origional company that may have earned a good reputation. An example that comes to mind is Airstream. They have had several different owners since the founder sold the company and they have also had some pretty sad products at times. Even though the name still exists, I would bet that the parent company, Thor Indsutries, gives little or no support to the older units that were build several company owners back.

n/a4

Available Parts

Thanks Gary,
I will give them a try. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Then go RV'in.

Herb

pathfinderxlt

Available Parts

I want to thank Gary B. :laugh: for the post on the (all-rite) Site. Just what I was looking for. Custum made skylight 5 sided hard to find they will make it to your measurments.NOT cheap :shy: but you gotta do it when theres a big leaking crack. :dead: Thanks again Rich B :cool: