Avion Questions

sp

Avion Questions

Barney,

Where have you been hiding. I'll check out the links they should come in handy.

Thanks,
sp ;)

LT: Sun's finally out. I'll pull the toilet after dinner. BTW it is Dometic not Domestic. I read it the same way until two weeks ago when the rv parts lady corrected me. :approve:

BarneyS

Avion Questions

Lt or sp,
I just found a great post on another forum about resources for used parts. I copied it into a Word document. If you would like me to send it to you, let me know. It contains 32 different RV Salvage places with phone numbers and some have short descriptions of the type of material they have. It would probably be a great list to have if you are doing any kind of restoration.
Barney

LTBrick

Avion Questions

Barney,
By all means send the file. I think you can email it through this forum.

SP,
Thanx. Got your email, I'll let you know when I get it.

BarneyS

Avion Questions

Hi LT,
It looks like I cannot send an attachment thru the forum e-mail. If you will e-mail me to the address in my profile, I can reply with the Word document attached.
Barney

sp

Avion Questions

LT,

Did you get that toilet in yet?? We want pictures of that gold/yellow beauty. :bleh:

sp

LTBrick

Avion Questions

Believe it or not, not yet. Because I planned to do the minimum, I now have more to do. Some more work on floor first. I'll send pcis (don't be surprised if it's September).

LTBrick

Avion Questions

I've been away for a long time. We are using camper every weekend. Still haven't put toilet in!

Need some help. For insurance purposes I need to find out what the Avion would have cost new in 1976. It's SN is 76L31078. I assume this means 1976, 31 foot, number 78 made that year?

BTW, a lot of moisture damage. Big mistake. It is so saturated with moisture that condensation forms on miniblinds when we aren't even in it.

Avion

Avion Questions

quote:Originally posted by LTBrick

I am totally new to travel trailer scene. A need for us to buy one has recently arisen. There is an Avion for sale that I am looking at. It is about a 30 footer, 1976 or 1979. What is it worth? What should I look for with a unit this old? Did this type have much problems with leaking?

Frig doesn't work.

Old LP tanks.

Does Avion stil make RV's? I did an internet search but couldn't find anything current.
I have a *^ AVION and I have to sell it soon. I paid 10,000 for it 3 years ago. I plan on fixing it up a bit and I will probably ask 9,000. It may well be worth more than that! Lots of storage...hot water for the shower...It is a bit tight fort a family of 4 but for 1, or 2..peachy.. I need to find some old style roof vents anybody know where??

mfulfer

Avion Questions

Hi GaryB. This is way off the topic at hand but does involve an Avion. We are just about ready to buy a 1973 Avion LeGrande. It is all original except they covered the couch with a different material and layed carpet over the tile floor. It needs some minor touch-ups but all in all seems to be in pretty good shape for a '73. The only bad thing is, it has some leaks like in the closet next to stove on the pvc pipe. Don't know if it is from the roof or just condensation. Also, the 12 volt goes out when the outside light socket gets wet (original light fixture!). They are asking $3500. Do you think that is a good deal or what?? Sorry to bug you but we have never bought an RV before, very green!!!! but thought this would be a great starter! Any advice?? Thanks a lot!!

Gary B

Avion Questions

Hi mfulfer, besure to check that all the appliances work, run the furnace, air conditioner(if it has one) and make sure the refer works the cost on a 6 cu. ft. is about $1250.00 & a 8 ft is about $1400.00, check out the water system, water pump, water heater for leaks and to see that they work. The leak is it a vertical pipe? If so its most likely a holding tank vent and most likely leaked at the roof seal which should be easy to reseal, check to see how much damage / rot has occurred from the leak. Sounds like the light fixture has a bad wire and is shorting out should be easy to fix. As for if its a good deal, if everything checks out ok yes it doesn't sould bad. The good thing is Avions & Airstreams stand the test of time quite well.
Welcome to forum and you are not bugging me I'm glad to try to help thats what the forum is for and there are many others on here to help also just ask we'll do our best. We've all gone thur the first time buying and it can be intimedating, so ask as many question as you think of. Good luck :) :laugh: :cool: :blush: :bleh: :approve:
PS I tried to look it up but the NADA guide only goes as far as 1978, and $3500.00 maybe little high, I'm thinking more like $2750.00 to $3000.00, here again it depends on it condition.

guy

Avion Questions

Hi GaryB. Have a question for you. This is off the subject but I have a 78 Revcon 28' motorhome I want to sell. How much should I ask for it according to your NADA ? :)

Gary B

Avion Questions

Hi guy, sorry I can't be of much help, my present NADA book only lists about 5 years for Revcon going back to 1985. :( I'll look at an older book whenI go back to my shop this PM and if there is more imformation I'll post it.
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:
Hi Guy in the 2002 NADA book its about $5000.00, hope this is of some help GB

sunshine0965

Avion Questions

I am in need of some advice with a 28' avion trvl trlr. I don't know if ya'll are still reading this form or not. After Hurrican katrina my brother bought the 28'. It's in great shape everything works. We are having a problem with the wires somewhere. All of the outlets work, however, not of the lights do. Can anyone help me to locate where we can go to get a wiring diagram, as this is where he lives for now.

Any and all help is greatly Appreciated. :)

Shelley
Slidell Louisiana

LTBrick

Avion Questions

I am sorry that I can't help you much here. We bought our Avion used and we did not get any manuals or wiring diagrams. Ours has a fuseblock behind the backrest or our couch/bed underneath the front window. There is some information on the cover plate. Could you be so lucky just to have a blown fuse?

Good Luck!