Awning fabric install

bell

My 2003 Fleetwood Storm has a bad fabric separation on the awning, any ideas or pointers on replacing the fabric only? I have seen the material has anyone done the replace proceedure? Seems like a do it yourself project so any help would be appreciated!!

Gene in Fl.

RicChamplin

RE: Awning fabric install

I have a MH with 4 slides. Two of the slides had the thread that kept the awning attached to the 'C' channel on the MH come apart. Mine are Carefree of Colorado. I was able to disassemble the roller, remove the material , cut off 4 inches, resew and reinstall. Sounds like a big job. It isn't. Total of an hour and a couiple of beers and it was off then back on. I wrote up a piece on IRV2 forum under General Discussion. Take a look.

C Nash

Re: Awning fabric install

Mine on our 2002 HR MH had done as Ric and I took it off and had it resewed with double stich and so far ok. Easy job and 45 dollars labor for the sewing.

TexasClodhopper

Well, Ric, if you're gonna tease about IRV2, then why don't you just post your "piece" right here?

We RV, also, ya know? :clown:

LEN

While the first time in Quartzsite this year I had a topper problem ans had a shop in Indio fix it. They took it off had it sewn and replaced for $135 with two guys. For an Awning think it would take a minimum of 4 guys and two ladders. Maybe two could do it with experience. So I would order the awning material sewn to fit then either get buddies or for about the same labor have it done. Your going to pay for the material either way. Although not a hard job it does take a lot of hands and no wind.

LEN

utmtman

I had my frontroom slide come undone in heavy winds back in Sept or Oct. My insurance paid to have it replaced with a new awning. Only cost me the 100 dollar deductible. I noticed yesterday that my bedroom slide awning has pulled out in the middle. Probably due to snow this winter. If it has not come unthreaded I will just take it off and reinstall it. If its unthreaded not sure yet what I will do about it.