Awning Leaks

Larry202br

I knew the weather would catch up with me eventually, and after a rainfree camping summer, it rained all Labor Day weekend. Last year I noticed that my awning leaked where the seam fits into the rail that attaches it to the side of the TT. It's not leaking between the rail/bracket and the side of the TT, but the water actually drips out where the awning is attached to the rail. I climbed up on the roof and ran a bead of some vinyl patch adhesive this spring, but it still leaks. The water runs out the underneath side of the awning, follows the awning down about halfway, and then drips right on your head!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this fixed?

ARCHER

Awning Leaks

Larry,
I sprayed mine with waterproofing and it helped some, but not completely. I have a metal cover that goes over the vinyl when I put it up (A&E) and plan on putting some clear silicon underneath to see if that will help. Mine doesn't drip in the middle, but some on the underside of the MH, so I'll see on the top as well.
Good luck :) :laugh:

Larry202br

Awning Leaks

Thanks. I ran a bead of RTV this weekend, we'll see how that works. Can one add the metal shield to an existing awning?

ARCHER

Awning Leaks

Larry,
Guess it depends on the make of the awning if you can add. Contact manufacturer. The (in my opinion) metal flange is primarily for protection while traveling.
Good luck.. ;)