Bent the roller, to much rain one night, got everything going good,
new awning, new roller, got it on, But now Iv forgot how to get it to roll
UP and DOWN, Had it all on Paper, But theres A BIG HOLE in this house
some where, everything keeps geting lost,
Can anyone help me.
Wishing

G

RE: Awning Roller Replacement

is this a manual awning ,, or automatic ,, if manual ,, on the front of the awning ,, and front of the rv ,, there is a little switch type thing ,, if what i read right ,, the awning is in the open position ,, right??? if so then find that little switch type thing ,, and push it up ,, the awning should try to roll up if u got it right ,, to roll it down ,, do the oppisite ,, pull the switch down ,, but one other thing ,, u will still have to get a hold of the pull strap and help the awning up or down ,, unless it is an automatic ,, then that is another topic altogether ;) :approve: :)
sorry ,, welcome to the forum :approve: :approve: :cool:

Kirk

Re: Awning Roller Replacement

Once you have the awning tube installed and the fabric rolled up on it, there is a spring in the end which must be preloaded by several turns. I don't know how many but I do know that you need to be careful when winding it up. It should be turned in the direction which is the same as the awning unrolling. That way pulling the awning down makes the spring get tighter and when it is rolled back up the spring still keeps a slight pressure on the roll to keep it tight.