B&W Companion

Well, I bought a pop up converter for my 35' Sportsman, to try and save $400...I don't really care for it, as it seems I get a lot of spring, and stress. So I am gonna try to sell it, and break down and buy a B&W Companion. I was wandering what your thoughts were, and experiences with them are. Thanks, and if anyone is looking for an offset pop up converter, let me know.

krsmitty

Ken, To touch on goosenecks some more. I originally thought of getting one instead of the regular 5er hitch. But since I have a short bed, no slider in a gooseneck. Thoughts?

I am currently running this converter with my shortbed, the only issue I had was the height clearance...My truck sits high, and I was trying to keep the trailer close so as it was closer to level. Since I flipped my trailer axles, there hasn't been any issues though. I am gonna try the companion and see which one I like better, just wish I new someone close to me that I could try theirs.

Ken,
I absolutly do NOT recomend taking a 5th wheel and making it a gooseneck. You put un-designed stresses on the frame of the trailer. This will VOID new camper frame warranties from ALL manufactures. You have to lift the trailer off the ball, about a 3" movement and then bring it back down to level..hince you work the jacks a LOT more. It is harder to line up over a ball than to slide into a 5th hitch. You have to add safety chains if you go with Gooseneck, Federal Law. 5ths are exempt. I could go on and on........