Babes... but not yet in the woods.

JMGD

Dear Folks,

We just inherited a 22' Class "C" 1989 Mallard Sprinter. We have never had an RV before, and haven't done any camping since we were kids, back before the invention of the wheel. (I am 55 and my husband is 67.) We really want to use this thing but we hardly know where to start. Can anyone tell us what questions we should ask as newbies, or where to find beginners information on the internet? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your pains.

Sincerely,

Jeanne and Albert Godley-Davis

Gary B

Hi JMGD, welcome to rving and to the forum, this is an excellent place to ask questions, if you got the owners manual with the rig then thats a good place to start read them over, to get ideas on how things work. You can search thur the post here and may find answers or questions to ask. Good luck :) :approve: :bleh:

C Nash

JMDG,
Start with a good inspection of the running gear, engine tuned, oil and filter changed, belts, hose, tune up plugs, rotor, dist cap,spark plug wires and filters, gas and air. Check all tires for weather cracking and don't take a chance. If they are 5yr old they probably need replacing. Brakes should be inspected and ck for any exhaust leaks. Don't forget all fluid levels, transmission, power steering, radiator and rear axle. All this helps get you where you are going. You might want to hook up at home and stay in the mh the first time to be sure everything works, heating, holding tanks, fridge, air condition, water supply city and house and plumbing. Be sure you have the proper water hose, electrical connections and sewer hose and if you have a generator it shoul also be serviced. Don't worry it will be worth it!! :laugh:

rv wizard

JMGD, If you will post where you are from (City & State) there may be a member on this forum that lives near you that would love to come by and show you how to operate some of the accessories of the motorhome. Once someone says they would help you then the two of you could communicate via email for more specific address. Good luck & have fun!

JMGD

Dear Mike and Amy,

I like your idea. We are in Catonsville, MD, a suburb southwest of Baltimore. I think I'll start a new topic with this information in the subject line.

Thanks very much.

Sincerely,

Jeanne :)