Back at Petrified Forest National Park

utmtman

Well we have arrived back to PEFO. We will be here as a workamping VIP until January than plan to travel down to Bouse until March.
Anyone going to Arizona for the winter?

raskal

Re: Back at Petrified Forest National Park

We'll be in AZ for the winter ... have to check their tax situation before I take a work assignment that was offered. Don't want to end up paying tax on my retirement to the State of AZ if I accept pay as a security guard down there.

utmtman

Hollis, Ill try not to. Likes to have killed me the first time I tried to take an ax to a log to chop it up, done ruined a good ax.
Good luck to ya raskal, hope you get it worked out.

H2H1

Lee how is the weather in east of Flagstaff---PS that was DL on cuting up the wood :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

Yea it were werent it. LOL Oops must have been one of them days. the weather is nice and warm east of Flagstaff. Running in the 80's.

raskal

80's?

It was over a hundred when we arrived near Casa Grande on Wednesday and just yesterday slipped into a tollerable high 80's with a nice breeze. Like it warm but almost needed someone to baste me with oil in the 100's.

The extreme heat, however, should be over now until late Spring in AZ .... thankfully.

utmtman

I have been here since the 19th of Sept and have not yet seen a temp much over 80.

raskal

Such a minor distance away and such a big dif in temps ... maybe we should have begun our winter in Flagstaff.

No matter, the temp has been better here for 2 days in a row.

H2H1

Hello Skip, I was in Flagstaff this passed May and we arrived with snow furies . The next day it turned out with nice temp , however the night before we decided to leave it snowed and we woke up to 9 inches of snow. I personally would not stay in Flagstaff in the winter, but in a lower elevation than Flagstaff. Anyway enjoy your winter where ever you decide to hibernate. :laugh:

tinkerer

RE: Back at Petrified Forest National Park

Hopefully we will going to Brenda again this winter. That's near Quartzite. Hopefully the economy settles down by January when we plan on heading in that direction. I am not retired yet so have to take care of business yet. We visited the Petrified Forest last year, it was well worth it. Good luck!!!! ;) :) :blush:

utmtman

Tinkerer I am heading down to Bouse in Jan due north of you but around the bend in a manner of speaking. Being passing thru Brenda when I head down to Quartzite for the rv and mineral shows maybe we will be able to catch ya in passing.
Had a heck of a rain storm last night. Started raining about 4pm and didnt stop until 530 this morning.