BARE HANDS on the sewer conections

H2H1

Re: BARE HANDS on the sewer conections

Well let me add my 2 cents. I also wash down inside and out the waste hose and I use gloves but not the latex one. I bought a pair from the grocery store which are heavy duty and wash my hands with them still on, so the gloves are clean the next time I use them. But I go one more step ,I put on some sanitizer just because I like it. CLEANESS IS NEXT TO GOODNESS, or something like that :approve:

DL Rupper

Hey hollis, I keep the sanitizer in my outside compartment for use after I remove my nasty germ ridden, dangerous to my health disposable gloves. :laugh: I think it's cleanliness is next to Godliness. I must be approaching SAINTHOOD by now. :approve:

H2H1

yea that the right saying, at least I was close. AND boy I am no where being a saint :( just respectable of others. :laugh:

SAR Tracker

To get the gloves off...

Pinch the inside of your left wrist (or an area on your palm close to your wrist), and pull the left glove off with the right hand. This should turn the left glove inside out, so now the left glove is "clean". Grab a "clean" part of the left glove with your left hand, and use it to pinch the same area on the right hand, pull it off and turn it inside out at the same time. Then throw both away.

Try this: put on a pair of gloves, then put a glob of shaving cream in one hand, and smear it all over the gloves (picture washing your hands with shaving cream). Then practice removing them, without getting the cream on your bare hands. That'll let you know if your technique is correct.

DL Rupper

That's how I get them off. Works great.

Hope you non-believers don't get sick, but one thing for sure. I won't be getting any of your crap on my hands, however, you just might get some of mine on your hands. LOL. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

And to think that I used to dig fishing worms out from under the outhouse :eek: Hmm, that was 60 years ago. Now I know whats wrong with me :eek: Too much ____ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;) Oh, I forgot yall to young to know what a true outhouse is. Coldest place in the winter and hottest place in the summer :) watch out for the spiders and remember where the last place you saw that fly before you eat the bread he just lit on. Hope that dang fly had on gloves :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:

G

Now Nash u know that the fly's are also very sanitary ,, heck i seen about a dozen of them the other day ,, on a piece of old meat ,, they were talking about us ,, here on the forums ,, and low and behold ,, they had hazmat suits on ,, with little apendages for the stuff the were gonna try and eat ,, but i wil not go into what they did after ,, and the egg laying is also not a pleasent sight ,, but to let u all know ,, a little bird ,, let me in on all this ,, i guess that bird was a enviromentalast ,, ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :8ball: :clown: :evil:

SnowbirdInFlight

SAR Tracker - 6/20/2008 2:04 PM To get the gloves off... Pinch the inside of your left wrist (or an area on your palm close to your wrist), and pull the left glove off with the right hand. This should turn the left glove inside out, so now the left glove is "clean". Grab a "clean" part of the left glove with your left hand, and use it to pinch the same area on the right hand, pull it off and turn it inside out at the same time. Then throw both away. Try this: put on a pair of gloves, then put a glob of shaving cream in one hand, and smear it all over the gloves (picture washing your hands with shaving cream). Then practice removing them, without getting the cream on your bare hands. That'll let you know if your technique is correct.

The DH always uses gloves, then washes hands after taking gloves off using the method above. I buy the disposable VINYL gloves so no danger of allergies to latex. Then we also keep the sanitary baby wipes in truck for use after handling anything questionable.

E. coli illness can be caught from your own crap as well as someone else's crap. If you want to take the chance of illness then go bare handed on your own equipment but at least refrain from leaving your 'crap' (for others to get sick on) on equipment that others might touch after you.

BTW when a fly lands on any food at my house, the food gets pitched. However, I always cover all food and eating utensils so that doesn't occur.

deniloo

RE: BARE HANDS on the sewer conections

We stopped at the dump station on our way out of the campgrounds last weekend and were next to a "newbie". My DH went back to the compartment and got out another set of gloves and offered them and some advice to the newbie. He thanked DH and put the gloves on. Don't know if he went out and bought some or not but.....at least we shared info and not germs!!!!!

utmtman

And I always thought you just used bared hands and wiped them on your pants after. I mean good grief who washes their hands before eating? And who washes their hands after going potty? Man thats for the children.

LOL NOT, could not resist a little fun after getting two pages out of this one.

G

yea but it was a good one Lee ,, u ever ate a sandwich with grease covered hands ,, i have ,, but it makes for more flavor ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:
Opps ,, use wheat bread ,, the white bread shows the hand prints :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil:

C Nash

Rod, nothing better than fried chicken with a little oil and greese on it. really adds to the flavor. Hmm, maybe we outto make a dressing and call it mechanics dressing.

DL Rupper

Here little piggy wiggys. Come on home now little piggy wiggys. :approve:

H2H1

I guess we all have done something in the pass that would be fround on in today world. I bet I have eaten more dirt, grease than more people knew would croak over. Al so Nash did your out house have a light? our did it was a candle we couldn't afford a flash light the batteries was to high :laugh: . I remember while in Viet Nam having to clean those thing, MAN what a detail not to be on :laugh: You could lose some weight real fast with the throwing up and things, sorry got off the subject. :disapprove:

C Nash

Lights Hollis :eek: we didn't even have lights in the house :laugh: . Remember Daddy bought one of thoes new fangle Alladdine lamps and sit it on top of the dresser and the heat nearly caught the ceiling on fire. me and my brother were scuffling in the kitchen and he grabed me and was pulling me backwards. The only thing I could get hold of was the table cloth and I pulled it off the table and a kerosene lamp LIT was on it. WOW, can still feel that whoping :eek:

utmtman

Light? Dont smoke no more so I dont carry one. LOL Our outhouse did not have a light either but we did have electricity on the house. And running water, but no commode had ever been put in. Dad had access to a backhoe so digging a ditch was each and so was moving the house. We had a white gas lantern we used to carry back and forth and there was a shelf in the house. LOL Only time I ever had a problem was opening the door one time and meeting a pack rat face to face. Shovel took care of that real quick. Dad had a porcupine he tangled with and used that same shovel.

LEN

Well I did use the gloves again today when we dumped on the way home(had the DW pull them off though, that way I'd stay sterile). I found an outhouse up a mountain road used by hunters that had a light switch and all---with an extension cord for the run to the Gen.

LEN

DARLING

For those who have latex problem, go to Harbour Freight & buy blue NItrate gloves. There are always other guy stuff to buy there.

Honey mounted a bottle holder for the GermX & paper towel holder on the compartment door. He also has a spray bottle with bleach solution & blue gloves. Many other campers look at him funny with his blue gloves but he don't care.

Safety First. Darlin :cool:

DL Rupper

Well I can one up the outhouse lights. When I lived with my parents at my grandmother's house they had a ice box not an electric refrigerator and had a coal stove in the front room for heat and a coal kitchen stove to cook on and bake with. No heat in the bedrooms. :approve: Boy were they the GOOD Ol Days. ;) :laugh: They did have a modern flush toilet. I still have the light bulb that burned in the bathroom day in and day out for over 50 years. It still works. It's about as bright as a night light. :cool:

Darlin :cool: You and honey have the right approach to kill :dead: the germs.

H2H1

DL why do we call them the good days? I know I would not like to live in that era. I was in that era some what, but later found out we was just plain poor and couldn't afford anything better. So to me I love the times we are in now, even in the time of crime. :laugh: :laugh: