Basement storage class A ????

LEN

How do you secure things in the basement? My Endeavor has a plastic box in the bays and thing slide around. Does anyone use the plastic carboys or drawer sets. Being a FL chassis ladders and long items will be on the upper section and will float around.
Also is there a place to get a replacement roof ladder(the original owner took it off because his garage was a few inch's short. And it didn't come with the coach. or is there a better idea as I will need a ladder anyway for washing and such?

LEN

DL Rupper

Re: Basement storage class A ????

Definitely "and such". That includes it all. I use my roof ladder to check for debris on my slides before I bring them in. Also to wash and wax the top of the front and rear caps as well as washing the rubber roof occasionally. It also keeps wifey on her toes. She's convinced I'm going to fall off every time I go up on top. :eek:
A regular ladder is just not high enough to get on top of the RV. I would think the manufacturer/dealer could tell you where to get a replacement for your roof ladder.

H2H1

Hello Len, I have Class A South Wind Fleetwood. I went to Lowe's and got the best grade out outdoor carpets and had them to cut it to width that I had gotten from the compartment. Once I got home I cut it to the length of each compartment. I truly think this working for me, it seems that things are staying in their place.

G

Hey Len i would ck with ppl and see what they have to offer , that is if u are speaking of the OEM ladder that was mounted on u'r coach when it was built???
The web site for ppl is ......

pplmotorhomes.com ...

Click on the parts store to the right and see what u find ,, also u can get a free catalog from them ,, if u click the request a catalog tab ,, let us know back on this :approve: :approve: :)
Bty does anyone know how to make the .com stuff linkable :question: :question: :question:

vanole

Len,

I had a sister coach to you a Diplomat but have since traded up. With the Dip the only compartment I had a problem with was the large pass thru. I first tried as H2H1 suggested but the uneven surface of the plastic liners it did not seem to work for me not saying it wont for you though. So I went to the big box stores LOWES/HD etc and found some stout expandable rods (curtain area) that are adjustable (like the pull up bars people use in doorways) they have cups on the end. Torque them down in the compartment and it prevented sliding. I did not worry about the smaller comparments fore and aft of the large pass thru.

V/R
Jeff

H2H1

Len if you decide to get the OD carpet it must have the rubber backing,that what keep it in place.

rjf7g

Lowe's has 4x4 pieces of "fatigue mat" like they use on the serving lines at cafeterias. I have that on the floor of my basement, cut to size so it not only keeps things in place, but it provides some padding as well. My passthrough storage compartment on my class C is really the only one big enough to worry about this. I got clear tubs to put stuff in as well. Each tub has a theme and I placed them in the compartment strategically so I can get to them when and where I need to. Make sure you measure the narrowest area if you're going the tub route!

LEN

Think I will go with a combination of Ideas. Most of the bays have a good grade of outdoor carpet in them now. I will get some of the big plastic box's and label each with what ever it gets and also get the extendable rods to use as anchor points as well as retainers. My biggest concern is I have several long gun cases to hold in place and I think the rods will do the trick here. I use the plastic boxs in my garage now and this is a real help in organizing so should work well in the DP.

Thanks

LEN

TexasClodhopper

I don't have a "basement" like the class A's do, but in another life I had trailers that I outfitted for a similar problem.

What I did was put the 'non-slip' material on the tubs or plastic boxes instead of on the floor of the bay. It worked just as well and the trailer bay was easier to clean.

It worked, but may not in your situation.