Bathroom

skirk55

We are thinking of going with an RV that has a separate bathroom not one with the bedroom and bathroom together. Can anyone please give me there input about this.

DL Rupper

Re: Bathroom

The best way to go is a seperate bathroom with the sink, shower, and toilet in one room. Just my opinion. :)

JimE

RE: Bathroom

Unless you want your traveling companions visiting you in the middle of the night I highly suggest a separate bathroom.

H2H1

well I seem to know how to keep her out :( :angry: So that not my problem :laugh: . I would look at the one DL and nash talked about, there are good looking one on the market

ARCHER

Nothing wrong with your traveling companion visiting you during the night. Hee Hee

cwishert

Well our MH has a sink and toilet on one side and the shower on the other in front of the bedroom. You close the sliding curtain between the bedroom and the bathroom if someone is in there and you open the toilet door to block it from the front. It works pretty well. I guess the kids have not had to get up too often so it has not bothered us any. My traveling companions (John and Zeus) are usually in the bed with me anyway when we are camping. The kids don't go too often with us. We will see if others go with us in the future if it was a good choice or not. :)

TexasClodhopper

The key to every bathroom layout is that you don't bring visitors with you that it would make a difference too.

Our layout is just like Carol's layout. It works fine unless you use that sliding curtain to the bedroom. You can't squeeze between the bathroom door and the curtain, so it's better to leave the curtain for dressing privacy or something.

I like this kind of layout, because it never fails that when I get into the shower Sallyberetta has to use the can! :clown:

onthecoach

In my first coach we had a 'side aisle'....it allowed for one large bathroom. Was ok. Now we have a 'center aisle'. The shower and sink are on 1 side and the potty is opposite w/it's own door. We have a sliding door between the bathroom and bedroom. When you open the door to the potty room, you effectively close off the entire bathroom from the front of the coach. I like this arrangement A LOT!! It allows for a lovely and roomy bathroom/dressing area. :laugh:

I DO NOT like the way many 5th wheels have the bathroom right IN the bedroom area. I worry that too much moisture stays in the bedroom area anc can cause mold. Plus, there seems to be little privacy in that set-up.

Kirk

We chose a class A motorhome that has a one room bath with tub, toilet and sink, just as we had in our house. Our RV has a hall that is along the passenger side wall, outboard and then opening into the bedroom. We love it because a visitor can not see into our bedroom at all from the living quarters. We have a privacy that few morothome floor plans have. We also have a 3/4 size tub. Our bathroom is more spacious than most.

Pam says that she don't care to sit in a closet to go potty!

Paul235

Darn, you guys have bathrooms in your RV's? You mean I can finally get rid of that bucket?

vanole

First M/H we had sink and shower in one area and a seperate (not much bigger than a phone booth) area with commode and door forward of the other area. Present M/H have a bath and a half. Main area is all one like I believe Kirks is and the half is commode and sink and it is pretty good size.

V/R
Jeff

skirk55

When people that RV tell you the pro's and con's it is good information. Not a salesman! Thank you everyone for your help. This is a big investment and we want to get it right the first time.

Tom A to Z

RE: Bathroom

We have a 2008 Cameo 5th wheel F35SB3 by Carriage, The bathroom is seperate.
The sink, stool, & shower all in it. :) Very pleased with it.

rjf7g

I have had three different campers with three different bathroom configurations. My favorite is the one in my current Gulfstream - a "toilet room" with a door separated from the sink and shower by a hallway. It is possible for a person to be "going to the bathroom" while another person is showering and a third person is brushing his/her teeth or dealing with hair.

skirk55

It is a big help with the response. I have a bathroom with the shower,toilet and sink in one room. It is too tight. I was worried about the shower in the same room as the bed. Now I like the toilet by itself in it's own room.

H2H1

well here is how mine is laid out. to get to the master bed room in the back, first you pass by the kitchen there is a bi fold door to close off the master bed room from the living area. once you close the bi fold doors the shower and sink is on the left and the toilet is on the right. now just past the door to the toilet we have a large wooden sliding doors to close off the master bedroom to it self.