Battery #2 power

islandwolf

I am having trouble with my #2 battery indicator on the control panel. I have power running to the #1 battery but there is no power to the #2. I have tried to trace back the wire but it runs up into the ceiling and then its gone somewhere. Does anyone know where it is run from? Does it run to the convertor or to the fuse panel under dash or the battery? I cannot trace it. Any ideas. Schematics would be a great help. Thanks

LEN

Welcome,

Can you give us a bit more information do you have a 45 foot diesel pusher or do you have a 10 foot bicycle with a sleeping bag on the back, being a little facetious here but we need to know what you have. I know you have two batteries a panel and a wire and not much to go on just laughing out loud about it here.

Seriously we need to know what your rig is what your battery configuration is and maybe a little bit more information to do a serious diagnostic process. And a little bit more information on exactly what your problem is.

LEN

C Nash

Welcome to the forum. Like Len said we need more info. It will be a guess at best but with little info its hard to even guess.

islandwolf

info

LEN;86263 said:
Welcome,

Can you give us a bit more information do you have a 45 foot diesel pusher or do you have a 10 foot bicycle with a sleeping bag on the back, being a little facetious here but we need to know what you have. I know you have two batteries a panel and a wire and not much to go on just laughing out loud about it here.

Seriously we need to know what your rig is what your battery configuration is and maybe a little bit more information to do a serious diagnostic process. And a little bit more information on exactly what your problem is.

LEN

I have a 24 foot Glendale Classic Royal, on a 1986 Ford Econoline 350 conversion, 460 V8 (gas), dual batteries in the engine compartment. The house battery is connected so it can be charged from the converter or off the running engine. The starter battery works the same and they both work fine and charge from both convertor and off a running engine. As for the panel I have power to everything except the #2 Battery check. The toggle switch is a 2 way and there is power and a reading for battery #1. The wire going to the #2 side of the switch has no power. I have traced the wire backwards from the switch to find out where it originates from but once inside the ceiling I have no idea where it goes. I do not want to have to take down the ceiling panels to trace the wire. SO do you know where the wire is run from, the battery, the converter, fuse panel. I don't know what other info I can give you.

C Nash

Thats info we need but not being famaliar with your rv all I can do is guess. A wiring diagram would be needed. Most likely it will come off the battery. Have you checked all fuses? What about VOM at the switch to see if it even has voltage at the switch? I would not tear into the ceiling. I will ck my wiring dia just to see where mine reads from. Hopeful someone will have a Glendale wiring diagram. I would start with a VOM. keep us posted on what you find.

LEN

Have you checked for power at the switch with a volt meter? Look at the #2 batter and see if there is a wire the same color connected at the panel. Could unplug #1 and plug #2 in to check both the switch and the wire. If there is a wire feed from #2 battery there is most likely a fuse near by.

LEN

islandwolf

Have got voltage on the #1 side of the switch . No power on the #2 side. Switch is OK and works if I use the #1 power wire on the #2 side of the switch. The wire running to the switch is a small black wire and there is nothing that size running from the battery. I haven't found a fuse anywhere that has blown. Thanks for the help. I will try to find a wiring diagram for the unit. Thanks again