BATTERY CONDITION GAGE

ARCHER

Anybody know how the battery condition gage is wired on a 89 Winn Chieftain, 31ft? I probably burned it up or burnt a wire when I pushed the switch to main and then aux battery to test :dead: them.....unfortunately, I was driving the MH when I did this. I later found out that the engine and/or gen are suppose to be "Off" when you check your battery conditions. Sometimes we learn from our mistakes..... :disapprove:
If someone does know how it is wired (from panel switch, to gage, to main battery, to aux batteries, solenoid(?)) I need step by step on how to trace it through the system. I can do a lot of work on MH, but need some good ole fashion guidance from all the experts.
Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided. :laugh: :laugh:

barthbill

BATTERY CONDITION GAGE

They are no good anyway. Install a cigarette lighter receptacle, and use a US made digital meter. If you buy a Chinese one, check it for accuracy against a Fluke.

mustang

BATTERY CONDITION GAGE

Archer, I have a 88 winn Elan dan. I check Btry condition while traveling. The charge level switch is apparantly just wired oneside to main btry and other to aux btry, with center to ground. Should not cause problem if just checking. this week ran ref on 12 vdc and i monitored often. This is using the btry condition switch . There is as switch that you can use to select btry from main/aux for cranking purpose. Do Not active this switch while running the engine or gen. this is to crank the enging on aux btry or crank gen on main btry. (BTW) btry is short in electronic fro Battery. Hope this helps.

mustang

BATTERY CONDITION GAGE

Archer, I have a 88 winn Elan dan. I check Btry condition while traveling. The charge level switch is apparantly just wired oneside to main btry and other to aux btry, with center to ground. Should not cause problem if just checking. this week ran ref on 12 vdc and i monitored often. This is using the btry condition switch . There is as switch that you can use to select btry from main/aux for cranking purpose. Do Not active this switch while running the engine or gen. this is to crank the enging on aux btry or crank gen on main btry. (BTW) btry is short in electronic fro Battery. Hope this helps. :)