Battery Won't stay charged?

ross96

I have a R-vision trailbay 31bhss and the dang blasted battery won't stay charged? I am in a park plugged into electricity but for some reason the refigerator and ac seem to be using the battery instead of the park supplied power? I'm new at this so any help would be appreciated very much.

Gary B

Hi ross96, welcome to the forum, it sounds like you converter/charger is working, have you checked that all the circuit breakers are on? The ac ( you air conditioner?) will only use 110 VAC, and the refer only uses 12 VDC to operate the control/circuit board, it will use either 110 VAC or LP gas for actual cooling, so if the battery is going dead it means the converter isn't keeping the battery charged, what brand & model is the converter, and do you have lights if the battery is disconnected? Or do you only have lights etc from the battery? :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

ross96

Thanks for the reply, some things work and some don't when the battery is dosconnected. The micro still works and the radio. The power slide does not ework, ac, refrigerator and i think the lights all do not work unless the battery is connected. Is it hard and expensive to replace the converter thing? It's a 2002 trail bay 31bhss.

Gary B

Hi ross96, there are many types and models of converters and the prices vary just as much. The microwave is 110 VAC, the slide will not work without the battery as it draws too much power for the converter to do it alone, the refer won't work without 12 VDC to activate the control board, the lights should work either off the converter or the battery, and the radio is generally connected direct to the battery. My guess(and that is what it is) is that the converter has gone south, without you. :dead: As for the cost you have to know the mfg and model number. Good luck. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve: