BE Aware

G

Spent the last 2 days at our local rv show in Knoxville ,, and today while it was slow ,, i was talking to a few of the CG people that had booths set up ,, and found one near Harriman TN ,, that has age Restrictions on their CG ,, and i was also corrected to say "It is not a CG ,but a resort" I asked about what all they had to offer ,, and they do have alot ,, but if u'r rv is 10yrs old or older ,, they need to inspect it ,, before u camp ,, and here is the rules ,, in there own manual of regs that apply to rvs >>>>> Recreational Vehicles –
Every RV entering premises may be subject to inspection for health, safety and code compliance and MUST be in good working condition with NO DAMAGE or LEAKS of any kind.
Sewer and Water connections must be properly fitted and supported to prevent leaks.
Any RV greater than 10 years old may be prohibited from entering the Resort and will be inspected for compliance in Health, Safety and code areas.

http://www.caneycreekrvresort.com/index.html

H2H1

Re: BE Aware

looks like a real good park, resort. And maybe that is why they have the restrictions they have to protect other campers if something happen. I don't like the rules as a new RV can have problems just like a old one. I also notice it is a Good Sam club to. :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

Well, maybe when they're 1/2 empty they'll slip a few old ones in there. Perhaps in the back 40.

PS. It could be said that an "old" RV is why some folks have the money to stop at a "RE-sort."

vanole

I'm with you H2H1 I don't like the rule either but I think that is getting to be the normal "catch all" clause/rule for campgrounds. Heck I just spent two months at a muni park in Miami that had the same requirement burried in the rules. Also had a line concerniing its Florida State law that all rv sewer connections must have a donut.

There were many RV's over 10 years of age and many newer units there and all outwardly looked great. However there was one 08 motorhome (DP) from Washington State unit looked awesome however on his/her owners travels they clipped off the right mirror. Guess the "subjectivity" of the "No Damage" would come in here at Caney Creek (which looks much like Bethpage and Grey Point here in Va).

I guess the bottom line is "rules are rules" and I can live with it, but if the host is arbitrary, capricious and p----like in the enforcement of the policy word will get out fast and it certainly would not be a place I would want to visit.

V/R
Jeff

SnowbirdInFlight

I wouldn't care HOW old the RV was as long as it's appearance was pleasant to look at. Of course no one wants to look at an RV that has paint peeling, decals falling off, or ratty looking awnings, but if none of that applies and it is clean and well maintained I don't think the age should make a difference. I guess since my TT is ten years old this year, I won't be going there. :eek:

*scooter*

This seems to be the wave of what's to come. I wonder what restrictions will be on toads, maybe your personal appearance etc..

H2H1

If it gets to that, I will camp at Wal Mark or the rest areas om the highways. If we don't camp in the camp grounds,THAT ARE SO PICKY, just maybe they will get the hint we are P.O. and refuse to pay such high ransom to they in their camp ground. :laugh: :laugh:

whitey

RE: BE Aware

That Campground is way to high price for me anyhow. I couldn't enjoy myself knowing i'm pay $ 49.00 + 1.50 for my Jeep. :disapprove: :disapprove:

G

well it's kinda the going rate around here ,, i pay that for Misty river ,, and the beach ,, well that's $67.00 a night ,, with my AAA discount ,, and wifi is $9.00 a day ,,but cheaper if u go ahead and pay for a month ,, even though u are not there that long
:eek: :approve: :approve: :approve:

whitey

Hollis

State Parks will do for me and Ga sure has some nice ones.
I'm thinking about coming over their were i can look at your pine trees, I'm on frist name basics with the ones we have in Mississippi.

H2H1

Well Whitey come on over to GA. be glad to have you we need all the revenue we can get. AND looking at the pine trees is free :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

brodavid

come over to South Carolina, you can even name some of our trees, if we do not have it , you can always go somewhere else, just be careful of the guy in the wheelchair and bald head, he is a little wild, HEY , that sounds like me, :)

wolfgirl

I agree with you, the best friend I found on this old world was my dad, or better he found me, and took me in and raised me up in the word of God, also to believe in that the USA is, will be , and forever worth fighting for.
thanks to all my new friends on this forum and to the ones I have not met yet,
GOD BLESS THE USA

musikfans

I don't like a snobby campground. Our 1996 Fleetwood Southwind is in good condition and not an eyesore in any way. We take good care of it, put a new Dicor roof on it ourselves last summer, and we follow all the courtesy rules and enjoy meeting folks along the way who like camping too. If somebody wants to shut their doors to us before we even get there, well then, somebody else can have my money and my recommendation to fellow campers too, that's the way I figure it.

I have seen those newer, nicer motorhomes and trailers with slideouts and all those bells and whistles, but then they leave their dog alone all day to bark and bother everybody else, talk real loud around their campfire way past quiet hours, run their radio so loud that we can't enjoy the peace and quiet we're looking for when we're on a getaway, let their kids run around without supervision and ride their bikes at night giving the rest of us a heart attack.....so how are they more desirable customers than us?? :dead:

H2H1

DAN BE SURE TO POST A FEED BACK ABOUT THE CG , but all means tell us the name and location. I have a 2003 Southwind, and if someone tells me I can't camp there then I would be more than happy to go some where else. The way I look at it my money will spend anywhere and someone will be glad to take it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

musikfans

Fortunately we haven't run into any place so far that's turned us away, but I read about it happening more all the time. Do I post campground feedback in the Destinations forum?