Best Buy RV Alert

DL Rupper

Best Buy Rv in Richmond, IN and Springfield, OH has a habit of shady practices. I have heard about 2 disgruntled RV buyers who have had problems with the dealer. One problem concerned keeping a large $$$ deposit when the RV wasn't available for delivery. Another problem concerned warranty issues. Anyway they are a dealer to avoid. :angry:

Don Crossley

RE: Best Buy RV Alert

We work hard to satisfy customers! We have hundreds and hundreds of letters hand written from customers that are satisfied with us. We have several hundred purchase at least two and as many as four RVs from us, no problems. I would like to keep our slate clean! Who are these people so we can try to resolve their complaints? Do you know how to contact these RVers, so you can let them know we want to help? Thank You

DL Rupper

Re: Best Buy RV Alert

As I recall both complaints were either in the HighWays or TrailerLife magazine Action Lines. I don't recall which issues. In fact, the deposit complaint caused me to send back to your Richmond Dealer a free hat I was given at one of your weekend sales. Usually I don't pay much attention to Dealer complaints, but in this case it caught my eye because I had driven over to Richmond, IN from Dayton, OH to attend the sales event. Then a few months later I read about your disgruntled customer. The bad part was that in most Action Line complaints the customer gets his complaint fixed, but in this case your Dealership in IN. blew him off. He lost a $1000 deposit. So a word to the wise, when you get complaints in National RV magazine it would behoove you to be Mr. nice guy. Believe me readers remember.

kenharford

My wife and I have had the "best" service from Best Buy in Springfield. They were recommended to us by some close friends of ours who bought their rv in spring 2006. We were novices to the rv world and Best Buy took the time to show us all we needed to know. We got a great deal on a Class C rv and felt that Best Buy went over and beyond what any other dealer would do for us. We would definitely purchase from them again!! They have a growing business in Springfield and a lot of satisfied customers. :)

ARCHER

Ya know folks, the older I get the more I get a kick out of mud slinging about people, dealerships, politics, etc. Someone hears or reads a negitive note and all of a sudden it is national news. I just try to deal with my experiences, and I just judge um from there. I've had great experiences, and some not so great, but it sure doesn't seem proper to start a war against some one or some deaer if the experience didn't happen directly to YOU> Sorry, but I'd guess Best Buy has had a heck of a lot of "satisified" customers than "unsatisfied". Remember, we have folks in this country that you will "never" satisfiy". Home from the hospital and trying to catch up on emails and having a laugh at some of these posts......
;)

DL Rupper

Archer, as I said previously, 2 complaints in NATIONAL RV magazines is enough to keep me out of their showroom. I thought the whole idea of this forum is to pass on good/negative info. Guess I was wrong. Maybe all anyone wants to hear is good stories about their dealer or brand of RV. I know I won't go to Best Buy RV. The man lost his $1000 deposit and the Best Buy RV salesman that previously responded to this thread, never replied after I explained where I got my info. :eek:

Glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

ARCHER

DL, don't disagree, just it gets out of hand some times. Feel sorry for the gentlemen / family who got ripped and hope he ended his issue better than what showed. I know I would not settle for a loss like that.....tks and I am feeling better, just gotta get some strength back. ;)

DL Rupper

ARCHER, the original post was last Feb when I was probably in a dark mood because I was in Dayton, OH and not out full timing in my RV. I most likely went over to Springfield, OH for Mexican food and passed Best Buy RV and it reminded me of the articles I had read about them and my frustrations overcame me. Sounds likely anyway.

I'm sitting in my RV right now in Maine in an RV Park on the salt marshes enjoying my freedom to move around. Pricey, but you can't have everything. Life's just great now I'm out and about. :) :cool:

partsguru

So should the dealership have to sit on a brand new coach that the customer special ordered from the factory and now have to pay interest every month for a customers wrongdoing until the dealer can sell the coach. Try going to a car lot and special order a brand new corvette and then back out of the deal. See what happens then. Oh and by the way helps to always read the fine print too before signing your name to anything, duh, LOL